What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scrolling in Inline Frames (like Google Reader)

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
This was frustrating for me, as I read most of my tech news and follow damn near all the LOL sites in Google's Reader. http://reader.google.com

Well, it uses separate frames for different areas of the site, including the list of feeds and the actual feed.

First thing you have to do for Google Reader to function properly is make sure you have "Desktop" selected as the view. It is a link at the bottom of the page. Otherwise it treats Safari on the iPad as a mobile browser.

Second, when you use 1 finger to scroll, the whole page scrolls, not allowing the frames to move on their own. Use 2 fingers instead. Same motion as one finger.

I borrowed this from:
iPad tips and tricks | Mobile Dev Zone

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Desktop reader is way too slow. I use the mobile version....same thing but no slow 2 finger scrolling.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, im just really annoyed that there still is not a good google reader app....how hard would it be to have an iBook style app where touching the sides of the screen go to next and previous article, then scroll down the page for the article??

OP
deckyon

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
True. And with all the icanhazcheezburger feeds I have, scrolling in desktop mode is key. Easiest way to see all the pictures. I have tried Feeddler, and while it will directly import your feeds, there is no view like Google's Desktop view.

Most reactions

Latest posts