What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Reader replacement

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With the impending demise of Google reader, I'm wondering what people are using or plan to use to aggregate and sync their news feeds?
I have been using Feeddler on the iPad/iPhone and a couple of desktop clients for Mac & Windows and this has worked great for me.
What I am looking for is something I can use on these same devices and will obviously sync my reading. I would also want to have some way of sharing stories - I typically email myself links to large stories when I don't have time to read them as I try to avoid the need for an additional 'read it later' service.

In my testing I have found two services that are working well for me.

Feedly.
Has a nice universal app. No true web client or desktop app but it has extensions for Browsers.

Netvibes.
Web based service. No IOS clients but mobile website is designed with iPad & iPhone versions.

Both services let you import Google Reader feeds and both appear to be working very quickly just now. I'm planning on spending some more time with the mobile web versions of Netvibes and will see how both perform once Google Reader is retired before making my final decision.
I'm curious though if people have found other solutions that are working well.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use Flipboard on my iPhones and iPads - love the way it syncs on my iDevices. I really like the search function because it searches tons of different resources.

Most reactions

Latest posts