What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scren wont turn sideways

Aubrey24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone is able to help me? My iPad 2 screen is stuck on vertical and won't turn sideways. I've checked and the lock is not on to make this screen not able to turn. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

ipaddeveloper888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
maybe check your settings. sometimes the lock is set to control mute. if so, your screen will be "stuck".

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Aubrey - welcome to the forum! :)

From your opening comments, your 'side switch' in 'General Settings' is set to Mute (and not Lock Rotation) - correct? If so, open the multitask bar (double tap the home button or use multi-finger gesturing), then swipe right until the brightness & volume slide controls are visible - screen orientation can also be locked by the icon on the far left (icon w/ an arrow circle) - please post back here if a problem still exists - good luck!

OP
A

Aubrey24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I tried everything you both said and none of that worked. It shows that the screen is unlocked but it still won't turn sideways. Some of my apps will be sideways when played or upside down so I have to turn the screen the other way but if I'm just looking at the home pages it doesn't turn. Any other suggestions?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, those two suggestions were the obvious first choices - sorry that your orientation problem was not corrected - :(

If not already done, I would suggest that you 'Restart' and if not effective 'Reset' the iPad - this often corrects malfunctioning apps or hardware glitches - if not familiar w/ these maneuvers, directions HERE - again please post back your results.

OP
A

Aubrey24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I reset the iPad and everything works. Thank you so much. I sure do appreciate it!!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Congrats! If the 'Reset' did not work, my next suggestion would have been a visit to the Apple Store! :thumbs:

Most reactions