What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ScreenDimmer

barrygordon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My system is an iPad 1 running iOS 5.1 with a tethered Jailbreak.
I was able to purchase the ScreenDimmer app. The screenDimmer now appears under extensions in the settings app.
I cannot figure out how to use it. I understand it is not an app but rather a tweak
All I want it to do is to turn off the backlight after lets say 5 minutes. I am not sure what the settings should be to
do just that. I have enabled screen dimmer after 1 minute. I have enabled backlight off after 2 minutes. I have turned on nothing else.

Any Help greatly appreciated.

TIA

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You just need to set both those options (dim screen and backlight off, to 5 minutes). And make sure you set "Auto Off" in the main iPad settings to something more that 5 minutes. Once the 5 minute mark comes the backlight will turn off (turning the screen black), but a tap anywhere on it will bring it back on. This will remain true up to the point you have set the "Auto Off" to kick in at which point the device will turn off.

Hope that helps.

Personally, I set mine to dim at 3 minutes and off at 10, with Auto Off disabled altogether. :)

OP
B

barrygordon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. That is what I did and it appears to be working fine. You have been most helpful.

I am trying to reach the author but do not seem able to. I do not use twitter or Facebook.

I would like him to make some additions in functionality and would be willing to pay for the development. If a setting of the iPad brightness to a value of zero would turn the backlight off after a configurable delay that would help me a lot. Probably would then need the touch to turn the backlight on and set the brightness to a default value, as well as the home button to do the same.

Do you have any way of reaching the author? He does seem to reply to emails or perhaps his email account has changed.

Thanks again for all the help

Barry

JCJC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey, how about this : itunes(dot)apple(dot)com/cn/app/easycolor-easylife/id548970890?l=en&mt=8

Most reactions

Latest posts