What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen rotation lock disappears from setting screen -help

Pixiepix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Always had my IPad 2 locked on landscape. Weirdly and suddenly today I notice the screen flipping around and when I went to reset it found the icon gone, and in it's place a "lightness" control. How did this happen ? Where is the rotation icon gone? Can I rectify this myself (no boffin)
Please someone help me here.... Thanks in advance

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pixiepix said:
Always had my IPad 2 locked on landscape. Weirdly and suddenly today I notice the screen flipping around and when I went to reset it found the icon gone, and in it's place a "lightness" control. How did this happen ? Where is the rotation icon gone? Can I rectify this myself (no boffin)
Please someone help me here.... Thanks in advance

Set up the rotation you want and then use the side button (above the volume control) to lock it. If that does not work select settings app, go to general on the left, scroll down to use slide switch and set it to yes. Then repeat. Hope this helps.

OP
Pixiepix

Pixiepix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks... Found I could lock it using the slide switch on side of IPad. Couldn't find the icon in settings. Am totally baffled as to how it changed . I always could press the round button on the r ight (if in landscape) twice and swipe to the settings where it always sat alongside the iPod bar etc... But now it's gone. Anyhow found it now on the outside ! Thanks

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a look at this image....

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-948062451.png
    image-948062451.png
    263.3 KB · Views: 2,941
OP
Pixiepix

Pixiepix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool :). Thanks am sorted now that I have found in manually in the setting. Just would like to understand why it disappeared from the original location by swiping to the far left of the iPad. Thanks folks for the help. .... X

Most reactions

Latest posts