What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Recording

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I accidentally deleted screen recording from my control center. How can i restore that?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I accidentally deleted screen recording from my control center. How can i restore that?
Try going to Settings > Control Center and add the feature back; below is mine with ‘Screen Recording' in the center. Dave :)
08898029-4CBC-4066-80A1-DBF0B2148BF7.png

OP
ladymindful

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try going to Settings > Control Center and add the feature back; below is mine with ‘Screen Recording' in the center. Dave :)
View attachment 95332
Thanks for the response. I looked and I do have that one. The one I accidentally deleted was down where the green plus + buttons are. Is there a difference?

OP
ladymindful

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since I deleted it there is no green plus button, just the screen recording with a red minus before it which will delete it.

i’m trying to show a problem I’m having in a game and they asked me to “film” it. I’m at a loss right now.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Since I deleted it there is no green plus button, just the screen recording with a red minus before it which will delete it.

i’m trying to show a problem I’m having in a game and they asked me to “film” it. I’m at a loss right now.
Hello again - tell us which iPad you are using and the iPadOS installed (current is 15.2) - there may be some changes in the 'Control Center' in different iOS versions? Now, if you have the 'Screen Recording' icon (red-white one) in the included controls, then simply start your game, bring up control center, press the button mentioned, and your screen should then be recorded - just tried it with one my my games - worked fine. If you're talking about another option then tells us the name and/or post a screen capture. Dave :)

OP
ladymindful

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello again - tell us which iPad you are using and the iPadOS installed (current is 15.2) - there may be some changes in the 'Control Center' in different iOS versions? Now, if you have the 'Screen Recording' icon (red-white one) in the included controls, then simply start your game, bring up control center, press the button mentioned, and your screen should then be recorded - just tried it with one my my games - worked fine. If you're talking about another option then tells us the name and/or post a screen capture. Dave :)

OP
ladymindful

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Dave thanks for the info. I’m using an iPad mini 5 IOS 15.2. I’m attaching a screenshot of my control center. The only option I have is delete. There is no way I can turn it on. Perhaps the one that was in the “more controls” part that had the green plus sign was the one that would record.

The game I’m playing is doing weird stuff and the developers were hoping for a peek.

Attachments

• 7398274B-0FC9-4BBA-8189-9E93A2AC53DD.png
    7398274B-0FC9-4BBA-8189-9E93A2AC53DD.png
    359.4 KB · Views: 94

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The red minus button means it is now in the Control Panel. You use that to delete it from the Control Panel.

The first/top list is all the controls currently visible in the Control Panel; so only a remove button. The second/bottom list are all the options abailable that are not currently being shown in the Control Panel, so only an add switch/button.

You can use the little handles at the riight in the first list to chane the order of the icons in the Control Panel.

Look for the record icon in the Control Panel. It should be there.

CA17FC5D-0D25-41EE-A940-F097CEF12148.png

OP
ladymindful

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The red minus button means it is now in the Control Panel. You use that to delete it from the Control Panel.

The first/top list is all the controls currently visible in the Control Panel; so only a remove button. The second/bottom list are all the options abailable that are not currently being shown in the Control Panel, so only an add switch/button.

You can use the little handles at the riight in the first list to chane the order of the icons in the Control Panel.

Look for the record icon in the Control Panel. It should be there.

View attachment 95335
Thank you. I clicked the delete button and it’s now in the bottom section with the green plus sign. Now I just don’t know how to get it to record. 😂

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you. I clicked the delete button and it’s now in the bottom section with the green plus sign. Now I just don’t know how to get it to record. 😂

No. It needs to be in the top list. Turn it back on. Also, make sure the “Access Within Apps” switch is turned on at top.

The green plus button in the bottom list is so you can add it to the Control Panel. The red minus button in the top list is so you can remove it from the Control Panel,. The Control Panel is the normal way to start/stop recording the screen.

1B5FCCC5-A63B-4EBF-A49A-E9DE6AA611C7.jpeg

1) Open the app you want to record in.

2) When you are ready, swipe down from the top right edge of the screen to open The Control Panel.

6E6D554E-AF8A-4095-93FB-1AD30E2C22D1.jpeg

3) Tap the Records icon. There sill be a three second countdown, letting you close the Control Panel before the recording starts. Keep an eye on the right of the screen. When the red recording icon appears, the recording has started.

F76C3350-05D6-4F53-860D-18F43BDA095A.jpeg

4) When you are done, open the Control Panel again and tap the button (now red) to stop the recording. The video will be saved in the Photos app.

It is possible to create clips of the video in the Photos app by editing it. The original isn’t changed. You just save shorter versions.

Last edited:
OP
ladymindful

ladymindful

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow! I can’t thank you enough for the above. It is a work of art. You made it easy to follow. And you took all that time to do it. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼♥️ I did it all and it worked.

Most reactions

Latest posts