What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen protector

redwind30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What can you tell me about screen protector for IPad?
Can someone tell me the advantages and disadvantages of getting one?
Thanks

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Personally I would just get a case that protects the screen. I have yet to find a screen protector (film type) that was easy to apply without getting some bubbles under it. Enjoy the beauty of your screen.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
rlapoint said:
Personally I would just get a case that protects the screen. I have yet to find a screen protector (film type) that was easy to apply without getting some bubbles under it. Enjoy the beauty of your screen.

I went though a few of them and never got any of them to fit right without bubbles and/or lint underneath. But, the Splash Masque HD did the trick. They cost more than the others but are so much better and easier to deal with that it's well worth it.

CheapCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't say there is any disadvantages to putting one on. The sensitivity didn't go down for me. It is really hard to put them on with no bubbles. There is a youtube video showing how to do it but I've never had absolutely no bubbles. The good thing is though that once you turn it on, you can't see them anyway. You can only tell when the screen is off or completely black (which is no worse than the fingerprints on an unprotected screen).

Calkid44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rlapoint said:

Easy to have no bubbles, spray a little water with Joy dishwashing liquid on it before applying, use a squeegee to remove the water. Soap is there so you can move it around before you push the water out, once out i recommend using a hair dryer to heat it up a little before use, if no hair dryer use the sun. Make sure that the IPad is turned completely off before you start, and no, water does not get in the Ipad for any of you asking. No Bubbles!!!

Calkid44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
s2mikey said:
I went though a few of them and never got any of them to fit right without bubbles and/or lint underneath. But, the Splash Masque HD did the trick. They cost more than the others but are so much better and easier to deal with that it's well worth it.

Dish washing liquid in a squirt bottle with water, spray the film and apply, squeegee out the water and soap, dry with heat gun, hair dryer or sun, no bubbles no issues

Calkid44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CheapCharlie said:
I wouldn't say there is any disadvantages to putting one on. The sensitivity didn't go down for me. It is really hard to put them on with no bubbles. There is a youtube video showing how to do it but I've never had absolutely no bubbles. The good thing is though that once you turn it on, you can't see them anyway. You can only tell when the screen is off or completely black (which is no worse than the fingerprints on an unprotected screen).

fill a squirt bottle up with water and dish washing liquid, spray the plastic cover (glued side) with a decent amount, lay on screen and squeegee out the water and soap. Soap helps slide the film around on the glass so you can position it just right, once water is out use hair dryer or sun to dry the glue a little so it does not move

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score

What kind of case does that?

waah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You really dont need a screen protector for your new ipad. The screen is made up of Gorilla Glass! Unless you start poking it with a nail you should be fine!

Calkid44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CheapCharlie said:

I don't buy after market screen protectors as they are crap, i make my own from 7mil mylar clear coat, i used to be a window tinter so I use the same stuff they put on the front of Nascar, Grand Prix and exterior outside glass to protect vandals from gouging the glass with a knife. This is 4 mils thicker than anything on the market and touch sensitivity is not a problem, also, if you drop your IPad the glass will not break.

Calkid44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iJamesH said:
What kind of case does that?

www.ottobox.com is a great case with a clear plastic cover, they cost about $100., little bulky for me but for my wife it's perfect as she is prone to dropping and scratching. Check them out, i use a Zagg with the keyboard so no need for me to touch the screen unless game playing.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
redwind30 said:
What can you tell me about screen protector for IPad?
Can someone tell me the advantages and disadvantages of getting one?
Thanks

You don't need one, IMO. Had my iPad 2 since release. Just had it in a protective case.

madeSICC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the griffin military case on my iPad 2 . It has a built in plasticky protector built in. It's awesome. Best case I have found for the iPad.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
www.ottobox.com is a great case with a clear plastic cover, they cost about $100., little bulky for me but for my wife it's perfect as she is prone to dropping and scratching. Check them out, i use a Zagg with the keyboard so no need for me to touch the screen unless game playing.

Thanks man I will check them out.

Most reactions

Latest posts