What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen protector ?

Vett

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there a good screen protector the will not show. Finger prints

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Every screen protector will show finger prints. Some of them have a coating to make it easy to wipe them off.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Never used one and all of my screens look as new. Just gentle daily wiping with a micro fiber cloth keeps them looking perfect. But, yeah, most will show "stuff" on them.

John903

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the skinomi screen protector...it doesn't seem to attract as much fingerprints but it can be a pain to install...

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MIL was having fits with her mini. Hard to scroll, touch had to be a jab. I removed her screen protector. She is one happy girl now.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have used the Moshi Screen protectors on my iPads and iPhones and love it. No issues with scrolling or installation. First time to have a screen protector that was easy to put on.

BlackCat89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a stylus only because I don't like the fingerprints. Never used a screen protector on my Ipads or Iphones. No reason for them.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use a stylus only because I don't like the fingerprints. Never used a screen protector on my Ipads or Iphones. No reason for them.

Depending on the screen protector, most of them are very prone to scratches. I get more scratches on my screen protector than I usually do without it. Must be because I buy terrible ones.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Depending on the screen protector, most of them are very prone to scratches. I get more scratches on my screen protector than I usually do without it. Must be because I buy terrible ones.

The iPad's screen is very scratch resistant. Only the high end glass style screen protectors are as hard, or harder.

On the other hand, most screen protectors are cheap, so replacing them once or twice a year is no big deal.

Personally, I've never had a significant problem with scratches on my iPad, or my iPhone. And I keep the iPhone in a pocket. But that can vary not only based on personal habits but on where you live. Some places are just grittier than others.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad's screen is very scratch resistant. Only the high end glass style screen protectors are as hard, or harder.

On the other hand, most screen protectors are cheap, so replacing them once or twice a year is no big deal.

Personally, I've never had a significant problem with scratches on my iPad, or my iPhone. And I keep the iPhone in a pocket. But that can vary not only based on personal habits but on where you live. Some places are just grittier than others.

Like really sharp finger nails.....

Most reactions

Latest posts