What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen protector?

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Always put on screen protector on all my idevices, but now I would just want to use my iPad Air 2 with no screen protector to get the full effect of retina display. Is this a risk of scratching the glass or is it tough to scratch? thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, nothing is 'full proof' but we've owned a half dozen iDevices and have never used 'screen protectors' - I just prefer the smart cover and careful use. Concerning the quality of the retina display, the image is likely degraded (won't be improved?) and a little googling will provide some discussions, such as HERE.

Now, you're likely to get a mix of opinions on this topic, so the ultimate decision is yours and since these protectors are cheap, you can always buy one or several and decide for yourself. Good luck - Dave :)

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Personally I can never apply a screen protector without leaving bubbles of air underneath it, so gave up yeas ago, and my iPad screen is still as good as new with an occasional careful wipe to remove fingerprints. I too use a smart case.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've used several screen protectors, althought most of the time you don't realize they're installed, they're not as 100% clear as naked screen. I think I'll try it for a few weeks and see if I feel confident not having one on. I have tech armor screen protector just not installed yet. I just took off the screen protector off my 4s and started an experiment, how the screen holds with keys and coins in my pocket with it.

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tried to put on my armor tech screen protector and I messed them up both, just because the home button just a little off. I hate ocd, now im just going to leave it screen bare, but will get them replaced. I'm using the Khono smart case for added protection. I noticed when I had the screen protector, there was a significant reduction in clarity.

Novakingwai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've switched to glass screen protectors now. They're better than the plastic ones like Zagg Invisible Shield. They have no drag on your fingers, are easier to clean, and have 100% clarity since they are glass. :)

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah I've red some good reviews on the glass ones, like the tech armor ballistic glass screen protector. Which one are you using?

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hate screen protectors, makes your fingers feel sticky. MIL had one own her ipad and you had to ram your finger on the screen to get any action.

Novakingwai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I've red some good reviews on the glass ones, like the tech armor ballistic glass screen protector. Which one are you using?
For my Note 3 phone I use the Spigen brand. For my Air I use XtremeGuard Spartan Glass. XtremeGuard constantly has 80-90% off coupons, so while the Spartan Glass is around $120 normally I paid about $20.

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like the feel and of the clarity of the naked screen. I'm going to use it naked for a few weeks, otherwise I'll look into glass protectors.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like the feel and of the clarity of the naked screen. I'm going to use it naked for a few weeks, otherwise I'll look into glass protectors.

Mind you don't catch cold !

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Novakingwai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glass protectors give you that same feel and clarity because they are glass, no weird substance like the plastic ones are made of.

Do what you like, but to me there's nothing worse than having a $600+ device with a cracked screen because you didn't like the feel of a protector.

Most reactions