What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Protector Smudges

kspector

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a screen protector on my iPad2, but shows greasy smudges from fingerprints and gesture swipes.
Can anyone suggest one that would be less prone to this problem?
Thanks

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think they all have an element of that, it's the nature of finger prints really. You could just wipe it as you would the screen, a dry microfibre cloth. I use EasiSkins on mine, they seem okay but still get greasy - rather that than the screen!

peterpatrickgo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
same to me, with the screen protector, it could better protect our screen, but seems and feels not so good..hope there would be a protector solve such problem.

Johnnipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's why I stopped using screen protectors; none of them come close to the silky smooth feel of actual screen. As for smudges, I buy the large microfiber cloths you can buy in Walmart automotive dept and use those along with glass cleaner made from half rubbing alcohol, half distilled water. Can make a gallon for what a large bottle of commercial cleaner costs and it does a better job. I'm OCD about screen; I clean it 20 times a day at least.

Jasonastacio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Johnnipad said:
That's why I stopped using screen protectors; none of them come close to the silky smooth feel of actual screen. As for smudges, I buy the large microfiber cloths you can buy in Walmart automotive dept and use those along with glass cleaner made from half rubbing alcohol, half distilled water. Can make a gallon for what a large bottle of commercial cleaner costs and it does a better job. I'm OCD about screen; I clean it 20 times a day at least.

I used to have this same thought until I tried the Moshi iVisor. Silky smooth touches an no smudges! Check out the reviews, it's a great product.

OP
K

kspector

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jasonastacio said:
I used to have this same thought until I tried the Moshi iVisor. Silky smooth touches an no smudges! Check out the reviews, it's a great product.

Thanks
I looked it up online. Looks interesting....wonder why it doesn't smudge when others do.

Anyone know a retail store where they sell these? I would like to see it before purchasing

Thanks

apple2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My SGP Verizon Screen protector touches with silky smooth and no smudges,Matte Type (Anti-Fingerprint) Soft Skin Shield, Try to google it,you can get the answer.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a media devil matte protector and it too is silky smooth, but it still shows fingerprints/smudges.

I thought about a Moshi, but I don't like how it sits proud of the iPad and is like a big bubble.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Jasonastacio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Harters said:
I use a media devil matte protector and it too is silky smooth, but it still shows fingerprints/smudges.

I thought about a Moshi, but I don't like how it sits proud of the iPad and is like a big bubble.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

To be honest I don't notice that the protector is not stuck to the screen at all. I know it seems like you would, but there's no bubble effect.

takeshi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any "crystal" type screen protector will seriously show smudges. I've had pretty good luck so far with the SGP Ultra Fine. It does impact image quality slightly (nowhere near as bad as the Ultra Optics) but it is matte, has a smooth finish and does resist smudges. It's not totally smudge proof but even the oleophobics I've used on my iPhone aren't totally smudgeproof. If you don't get one with your screen protector then pick up a microfiber cloth as well.

Don't be afraid to Google. I always use it to research when shopping for anything, including screen protectors.

I think they all have an element of that, it's the nature of finger prints really.
They all do but to different degrees. It's like saying that all cars are the same because they get you from point A to point B. That's certainly true but the experience can differ depending on the option you choose.

same to me, with the screen protector, it could better protect our screen, but seems and feels not so good..hope there would be a protector solve such problem.
Not all screen protectors are identical. Some are close to the bare glass in feel. Others are not.

Last edited:

Sundancekid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had thesame problem with my previous screen protector... Then i installed invisible shield on the screen (as well as on the back).... Now smudges or fingerprints are'nt much of a problem.... :)

Most reactions

Latest posts