What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen protector- necessary?

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Screen protectors are probably for Captain Sensible users. I have a screen protector on my iPhone but not on my iPad.

oldgjest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I applied zagg but the bubbles are still there after 5 days. The solution fluid is not enough. What shall I do? Should I remove and redo the entire process again? Need help?

The bubbles should be gone in a couple days. If they are still there after four days, and they bother you, then reapply.

Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if you can take it off and then reuse it. Anyone have experience with that?

Imspartacus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
taking off the invisible shield will stretch it unless you are very very careful. i have tried this with an iphone and failed so bought another. its all about the care and time you take to apply the shield. must admit i'm a huge fan and have put the shield on all my ipod, iphones and now the ipad and i would not own any others. yes the feel of the screen is not the same but you get used to it. doens't make it any less sensitive, well not in my experience and to keep your ipad looking great why would you not want one ?

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you need to reapply, try contacting Zagg. Tell them you have bubbles everywhere. They may send you a new one. Just be sure to keep your old one, you will have to send it back if they warranty it.

I dont know if their warranty covers bubbles in your application, but it might. When you apply the film, make sure its plenty wet and try to squeegee them out while everything is wet. Air bubbles will not all go away, the water bubbles you can see when you hold it up to the light eventually will.

Metairieman55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apply carefully

I have the Zagg also. They really do not give you enough liquid. Does anyone have an idea of its composition? In fact the first attempt failed because the sprayer was faulty or didn't have enough to spray. Accidentally laid the film down on the white cardboard instead of the non-stick backing, so it was back to Best Buy! :mad:

Second try, I had enough liquid. Make sure you spotlessly clean the Ipad screen. Remove the little circle for the button before first! (There is an outer circle AND an inner solid circle. Get both out). It will foul you up and on my first attempt a piece attached and I couldn't peel it off which screwed the process. Then peel a corner back first while creasing the backing out of the way. THEN spray your CLEAN finger tips and carefully peel slowly avoiding stretch. Blow any lint off your cleaned screen (less spittle, really! Gentle breath or dusting with the cloth). I sprayed liberally on the film front and back and repeatedly squeegeed center out occasionally spraying more fluid to lube the spreader. If you've "missed" edges, you can persuade the film with your full hand pressure as a whole or finger/spreader pressure along the edges.

I use a Belkin rubber back sleeve with pre-punched holes that actually masks about 1/16" around the edges so close enough worked. But I do have to remove it if I dock it.

Technically, I think the film can be removed then reapplied, but I'm sure stretch would set in. First application allows you peel and adjust (it's still "wet") but go slow and be patient the first time.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't believe in screen protectors.. These screens are made very durable, you don't need a shield. My iPad has been through many young childrens hands, if anyone is going to scratch these screens it will be these kids. My screen looks as new when it came out of the box.

This is what I nave read time and time again as well as seen on talk shows.
I don't have one and don't intend to get one. No one touches my iPad and I close the case up and tuck it inside when done.

nushieldguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Scratch protection should not be your only consideration when thinking about screen protection. If you take your iPad outside you will not be able to see the screen because these films will reflect sunlight and darken the screen.

Only the NuShield DayVue film offers GLARE and SCRATCH protection in one. The film installs WITHOUT BUBBLES or hassles in just a couple of minutes and lasts a long time. At $22 per film it's a bargain.

To see the difference between a NuShield and an antiglare film click on this link:
Nushield

Patspad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on the no screen protector team. I keep it in it's case and am careful when cleaning it.

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Scratch protection should not be your only consideration when thinking about screen protection. If you take your iPad outside you will not be able to see the screen because these films will reflect sunlight and darken the screen.

Only the NuShield DayVue film offers GLARE and SCRATCH protection in one. The film installs WITHOUT BUBBLES or hassles in just a couple of minutes and lasts a long time. At $22 per film it's a bargain.

Does anyone have any experience with ClearTouch screen protectors? They also have two versions, ClearTouch Anti-Glare and Cleartouch Crystal. Any opinions how these compare to the Nushield DayVue product?

I'd post a link, but the forum won't let me (yet). You can find them at boxwave.com.

shokwaves

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spent nearly $1,000 on the i-Pad, you bet I will have a shiled on it. I have the Zagg as well, front and back. You have to be careful when applying it, an extra pair of hands would be even better to help you hold the corners. Work it in a very clean environment so no dust particles cling to it while applying. You also got to use lots of fluid. I have ZERO bubbles after 2 days, the tiny four or five I had were gone. The feel is different, but it is just fine and the response is the same.

Joe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Otterbox

Have anyone tried "encasing" the iPad properly? I just ordered the otterbox, any thoughts about that?

Most reactions

Latest posts