What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen protection

Vikas804

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Can anybody tell me is there anything available with which we can clean the screen of the I pad.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Use a micro-fiber cloth, such as those supplied for cleaning eyeglasses.

Don't use any cleaning solutions, because they may attack the oleophobic coating on the iPad screen.

Nabans

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just purchase a screen scratch guard for your iPad and you will get the cloth along with it. In this way you can clean it and apply the scratch guard. It's the best possible option.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just purchase a screen scratch guard for your iPad and you will get the cloth along with it. In this way you can clean it and apply the scratch guard. It's the best possible option.

Well, I'm not sure that all would agree w/ the statement in bold above - I'm sure many of us here do not use 'screen covers' because of a nuisance factor (e.g. checkout the reviews on one HERE) - have not checked but maybe we even have a poll? :D

Wife & I do not use screen covers on our iPads - really more of a personal choice rather than a necessity - just my 2 cents - Dave :)

Nabans

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure that all would agree w/ the statement in bold above - I'm sure many of us here do not use 'screen covers' because of a nuisance factor (e.g. checkout the reviews on one HERE) - have not checked but maybe we even have a poll? :D

Wife & I do not use screen covers on our iPads - really more of a personal choice rather than a necessity - just my 2 cents - Dave :)

Well that was a personal advice and I too consider your reply as a personal advice. Everyone have different opinions. No offense Dave.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well that was a personal advice and I too consider your reply as a personal advice. Everyone have different opinions. No offense Dave.

Well, of course, only an opinion - no harm done and no offense meant - peace. Dave

Reaction score
Just another opinion. It depends what you use the iPad for. I personally use a stylus a lot, for note taking and sketching. I found that the screen protector (scratch guard) creates problems with the stylus. I prefer having a case for the iPad, which protects the screen. It does mean that I have to use a cloth to clean the screen often.
Again, just an opinion depending on what you use the iPad for.

Most reactions

Latest posts