What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen problems

Sami506

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I first noticed problems when making regular spelling mistakes using the iPad keypad. After a look about it was suggested to colour in the complete screen to see which parts do not colour. So here are the results if anyone would be so kind to offer advice.
EC6CE3B4-5DA6-461A-8D5E-2A6C688DB5F3.png

OP
S

Sami506

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Certain letters in the middle of the keyboard would not type or do multiples or it would higgghligght it and delete it in the next letter typed. I have left the mistake in the last sentence to see what is mappeningg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is almost certain to be a hardware issue. The only real options are to self repair (tricky if you aren't adept at that sort of thing), buy a new iPad, or just put up with it.

As a work around for the typing problem you can probably use the keyboard in split or floating mode. That will allow you to avoid the dead parts of the screen.

Note: I don't seem to have the split keyboard option on my iPad Pro. The floating keyboard does work, though it's not nearly as handy for lots of typing.

Note 2: The 12.9" iPad pro isn't on the supported list for split keyboard. Most smaller models are. Works fine on my iPad Mini.

Last edited:

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When my screen misbehaves, I just rotate it and suffer in portrait mode until it mysteriously stops acting up. It's a pain, but it's free.

OP
S

Sami506

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is almost certain to be a hardware issue. The only real options are to self repair (tricky if you aren't adept at that sort of thing), buy a new iPad, or just put up with it.

As a work around for the typing problem you can probably use the keyboard in split or floating mode. That will allow you to avoid the dead parts of the screen.

Note: I don't seem to have the split keyboard option on my iPad Pro. The floating keyboard does work, though it's not nearly as handy for lots of typing.

Note 2: The 12.9" iPad pro isn't on the supported list for split keyboard. Most smaller models are. Works fine on my iPad Mini.
Thank you it’s an iPad Pro so quite expensive to replace, would a repair shop be able to fix the problem for a realistic price I wonder

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How old is your iPad? Is the warranty expired? Even if the warranty is expired a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store is free and would determine exactly what is wrong.

OP
S

Sami506

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How old is your iPad? Is the warranty expired? Even if the warranty is expired a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store is free and would determine exactly what is wrong.
Hi it is three years old so out of warranty. My nearest Apple shop is 200 miles away I am afraid.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
j
Thank you it’s an iPad Pro so quite expensive to replace, would a repair shop be able to fix the problem for a realistic price I wonder

I'm not familiar with repair prices, Apple's or third party. It's probably worth looking into. If you do find a local shop that does repairs, they may be able to do the diagnostics for reasonable fee.

Most reactions

Latest posts