What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen less responsive

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After my Air ipad crashed and was restored to 8.0.2 via iTunes, I am noticing that some times it does not respond to touch input. Sometimes scrolling, sometimes just touching a hyperlink. Anyone else have this issue?

I will probably have to try a soft reset BUT the device froze after a shutdown and got stuck on the logo when restarting so I fear a repeat.

I think Apple is showing its lack of Steve Jobs with this iOS8 release.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try the soft reset or course but otherwise I haven't had any issue with screen sensitivity. Does it only happen with certain apps like safari or is it system wide?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't experience your problems, but it seems that erasing the iPad, setting it up as new and then restoring from a backup helped a few users. - Not all of them, though.

There's the possibility to send feedback to Apple so they know about the problems that appear. Here's the link to the site: https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

OP
n4uau

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In my class today another student with 8!appeared to have similar issue.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've noticed this too on my Air.. Sometimes I can tap a link in Safari and absolutely nothing happens. I'll tap away and there will be no response for the first several taps then finally it will respond.

This never happened before the 8.02 update.

Most reactions

Latest posts