What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen capture button differences

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the 12.9” iPad Pro, bought in 2018. According to Apple, the way to take a screen capture on this iPad model is to simultaneously press Power + Up Volume.

However for me, this doesn’t work; Home + Power does work for taking a screen capture.

I don’t care either way as long as it works. But does the discrepancy indicate a problem..software in nature?

Thank you for any answers..

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If your 12.9” iPad Pro has a home button, it is a 2017 model, and that is the correct way to take a screenshot. The 2018 model does not have a home button, and that’s why it uses the power and volume up buttons to take screenshots.

Here is Apple’s page to help you identify what model iPad you have.
Identify your iPad model

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pressing the volume up and power buttons is how you take a screenshot on the newer iPhones and iPads without a home button. Since your iPad does have a home button, the method that succeeded for you is the correct way to take a screenshot.

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If your 12.9” iPad Pro has a home button, it is a 2017 model, and that is the correct way to take a screenshot. The 2018 model does not have a home button, and that’s why it uses the power and volume up buttons to take screenshots.

Here is Apple’s page to help you identify what model iPad you have.
Identify your iPad model

Thank you! This is a big help.

Most reactions

Latest posts