What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Burn

Deathclaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to burn an image into an iPad mini screen? I know ipad two had a LCD and LCDs aren't Known for burn ins I've seen YouTube videos are iPad 2s get burned in and iPad 2s have the exact same screen as ipad mini just larger. So if I leave my iPad mini screen on all night with the image get Burned in or will it be ok?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is not screen burn in the conventional sense. The effect is not permanent, but it can be quite long lasting. The recovery period is the same length of time it took to "burn" the screen.

Here's a link to Apples support page on the subject.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5455

Sent from my stock iPad 2

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No problem, Scott. I've had that nugget kicking around for a while. My iPad 2 shows the effect, ironically only on the iPF app, so I did a bit of digging to find out what was happening.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What about the 3 or the 4 gen. iPads?? Hear anything on them??

Not specifically. It seems to be mostly an iPad 2 problem. I've been into computers too long to run the risk of leaving a static display, whether burn in is supposedly impossible or not. Old habits die hard.

Most reactions