What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Screen Burning - The Glitch that kept on Glitching

Hopper200456

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys. I really need help. I've had my iPad 2 for almost a year now (I got it Jan 21 2012)
When I got it, I loved it, and didn't notice anything wrong with it. But a couple of months owning it, I started to realize that a weird screen bringing effect was appearing at the sides of my screen. It only happens when you leave the screen set at a certain image or something on the screen doesn't move. (Just like old monitors would do, just it's not permanent.) It's easy to see the screen-burn effect after sitting on a picture of black lines with a white background, letting it sit for 2 minutes then switching to a fully grey image.

So, after I started noticing it more and more, I did some research for anyone else who has this problem. I figured, hey, it has to be happening to SOMEONE else. But no. It's not happening to anyone I could find... So, I simply called Apple and set up an appointment to get a replacement. They were good enough to just give me a brand new one! (It got rid of a few the scuffs I had on the old one, hehe...) I, think it was a hardware glitch restored the new one to a back-up of my old one.
And guess what. The screen-burning effect was back! I was very surprised, so, I called Apple again, got an appointment, and got a new replacement. They guy at the store said that it was in-fact a software bug and that it could be transferred via back-up. Derp. So I got my replacement (the one I'm typing this on.) and went on my merry way WITHOUT restoring it from a back-up.

*Sigh* Now, the 3rd iPad, the one that replaced the other 2, the one I'm using currently, is having the same screen burning. Nothing on this iPad is connected to the others, except for the account, and I'm using some of the same apps... I'm discouraged and upset. I don't feel like doing anything about it, but I really want the screen burning to be over. I thought about buying and iPad 3, or and Android, but I don't have anyway to make money because of school.

if anyone has any ideas, help, or tips, please PLEASE just comment bellow! I'm probably gonna call Apple again when I feel better about it.

Thanks for reading.

bamashooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not a remedy only a question and possible work around. What color is your background and have you tried changing it?

OP
Hopper200456

Hopper200456

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
Hopper200456

Hopper200456

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just read it. This is a bit disappointing... It didn't seem to say how long it to to "ghost" the display, normally. Because for me it'll burn (or "ghost") for only leaving it for like, a minute or two. I really hope this isn't the case, because then I can't really do anything about it... Oh well. With my luck, my iPad will probably break soon anyway. :p

If anyone else has any ideas or anything, don't forget to reply!

Most reactions

Latest posts