What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen brightness

Wayne Block

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I powered up my iPad this morning after charging over night the screen was so dark I could barely make it out.
It was 100% charged and I tried going to settings and display and brightness but the slider said it was at the top level.
I was able to re-boot it and it came back on at normal brightness, but I am worried that there might be some underlying problem that caused this.
Any thoughts?

PatS

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have been experiencing the same problem recently. I am suspicious of a possible failing battery as it also does not hold a charge as long as it used to. Plan to visit apple store, hour and a half away, when they open up. Mine is a 2017 10.5 pro. Should not be worn out yet but I do put a lot of hours on it. Please share if you learn of a solution. I have to reset often to fix it

OP
W

Wayne Block

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is only about three months old so I certainly hope it isn't a failing battery.
If I get any further info I will post it.

alexm1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My wife’s iPad was going dark intermittently, the automatic switch was turned to “on” under the appearance (light or dark) settings. Seems to have fixed it.

BikeFlagAZ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I powered up my iPad this morning after charging over night the screen was so dark I could barely make it out.
It was 100% charged and I tried going to settings and display and brightness but the slider said it was at the top level.
I was able to re-boot it and it came back on at normal brightness, but I am worried that there might be some underlying problem that caused this.
Any thoughts?

I had the exact same problem yesterday, for the first time ever. After a reboot it went away.

Most reactions

Latest posts