What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scratches on ipad

reallydog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am considering just using a smart cover for my new iPad. I'm a bit worried about scratches on the back. I'm leaning towards no back protection . Just wondering if people here that have done the same thing have scratches on the back of their iPad?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
zphone said:
Do you really care if the back gets scratched? I don't.

Absolutely I care. I may need to sell it. Better resale if there are no scratches.

mandapandalove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would worry about the back more than the front getting strached. Since the way the ipads are made. So I would atleast suggest a skin or a regular case would be good. In my experience I had my ipad one in mostly a case that covered the front and back and a year later, still not a stratch.

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Absolutely I care. I may need to sell it. Better resale if there are no scratches.

+1^ just sold my iPad 1 in mint condition and got top dollar for it

OP
R

reallydog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just feel like we spend so much money on the design and feel of the iPad and when we put cases on them it kinda takes that away a bit. Based on majority here seems like the back would get scratched though. Still not sure , also considering an ultra think skin product as well.

mandapandalove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If cases are a hassle I think you can use it outside the case. But anytime you're done using it or travling with it, then put it in a case. It still helps reduce strached that way.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A clear rear skin like Bodyguardz will protect the back and give it a lot of extra grip, best of all it adds no bulk and is invisible.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

wholesalestunna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I take my iPad everywhere so it's in a case 24/7 and I don't have any problems with that... I really like my case

XDRoX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer it naked. Who cares if it gets some scratches? Not me. Cases take away from the experience IMO. By the time it's wrecked there'll be new version out to get.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HappyPelican said:
Heck yeah! Why would someone spend so much money on an iPad only to let it get banged up?

Well, some of that money was spent on the design. So I have to turn that question around to why spend so much money on something just to hide it away?

Now a scratch on the screen is quite annoying so I do have a smart cover for that.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
zphone said:
Well, some of that money was spent on the design. So I have to turn that question around to why spend so much money on something just to hide it away?

Now a scratch on the screen is quite annoying so I do have a smart cover for that.

Different strokes!!!!!!!

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
blucente said:
+1^ just sold my iPad 1 in mint condition and got top dollar for it

+2

I like to keep my things in like new condition as best I can too. I even save the boxes. So when i sell it on eBay I sell it as NIB not used...... Kidding :D

I do save the box though if I plan on selling the thing

Back cover on mine as well as smart cover.

Most reactions