What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving to a file

conman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For example, when reading an email I want to save in a document file how do I set up a file and get the document to it?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you only want the body of the email, tap and hold anywhere in the email until you get the popup menu, and choose Select All, then Copy. Open whatever app you are using to create the document and paste it where you want it by taping and holding until the popup menu for paste appears.

If you want the whole thing, I only know one way (though there are probably others). An Evernote account comes with an email address you can forward the email too. It goes in the Evernote inbox. When I do this I get the subject, to, from, and other header information as well as the body in the resulting note. You can copy and paste this from Evernote to your other document.

Most reactions