What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving pictures from facebook

tony de la mare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, could anybody tell me why all of a sudden I can't save any pictures posted on Facebook , I can save photos taken by the iPad camera no problem, but not form Facebook , I am a newby to iPad (2) but I think it's brilliant
Thanjyou

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you tell us what happens when you try to save the photos? Do you get a notification/error code or notice or does nothing happen? If it's a notice, what does it say?

If you don't get a notice, it may be that you haven't authorized Facebook to save photos. With the newest iOS (6.0 and higher), you have to specifically authorize Facebook (and other apps) so they can access the Photos. If you don't authorize, they won't even save. To check that Facebook is authorized, go to the Privacy tab in your Settings. Press that line and then press the line labeled "Photos." When that tab appears (it'll show all the apps that are authorized access to your photos) - find the Facebook line and ensure the button/switch is turned ON.

That should make it so you can save photos from Facebook. If so, yay. If not, holler back and we'll take another try...

Marilyn

OP
T

tony de la mare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you tell us what happens when you try to save the photos? Do you get a notification/error code or notice or does nothing happen? If it's a notice, what does it say?

If you don't get a notice, it may be that you haven't authorized Facebook to save photos. With the newest iOS (6.0 and higher), you have to specifically authorize Facebook (and other apps) so they can access the Photos. If you don't authorize, they won't even save. To check that Facebook is authorized, go to the Privacy tab in your Settings. Press that line and then press the line labeled "Photos." When that tab appears (it'll show all the apps that are authorized access to your photos) - find the Facebook line and ensure the button/switch is turned ON.

That should make it so you can save photos from Facebook. If so, yay. If not, holler back and we'll take another try...

Marilyn

Thanks for the reply Marilyn
When I go to privacy settings there is no line that actually says photos
.??
Tony

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh. Are you on iOS 6.x? Cause this is what I see on my iOS 6.1.2-running iPad3:

View attachment 37939

I assumed you were on 6.x...my bad. Sorry.

So, back to the drawing board - what iOS are you on? And, when you are in Facebook, and you press and hold the photo - you don't get a "Save Photo" pop-up? Do you get anything?

Marilyn

OP
T

tony de la mare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, sorted, went to iPad settings, privacy, photos, Facebook, on, I could have sworn that I had done that before, Doh, thanks for the help

Tony

OP
T

tony de la mare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was going to Facebook settings and not iPad settings muppet I am

Tony

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nah, not a muppet. :) I re-read my post and noticed I missed stating [specifically] that you needed to be in the iPad's Settings app. So, my bad.

Regardless, I'm glad to hear that things got sorted for you. And, thanks for coming back and telling us your problem got resolved. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another way is to view the pic,and then do a screen dump,ie take a photo of it by pressing the home and lock button at the same time. And there it is in yor ipad photos

anitapamela

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Mickey330, I've been trying to work out why all of a sudden I couldn't save photos and followed your advice and now I can save them no problem : )

Most reactions