What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saving pdf to iPad

Barbmgmn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to save a pdf to my iPad. Instructions online say to send it to iBooks. When I press iBooks, nothing seems to happen and the pdf doesn't show up there. I checked under Settings and everything seems to be turned on.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

You send it to iBooks by opening it in the app.

Example:
If the file is opened in Safari, you'll get "Open in iBooks" at the top right. If you don't see it there, tap once to make it appear.
image.jpg

When you tap this, iBooks will open, and the file will be saved to the app.

Is this what you tried?

OP
B

Barbmgmn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

You send it to iBooks by opening it in the app.

Example:
If the file is opened in Safari, you'll get "Open in iBooks" at the top right. If you don't see it there, tap once to make it appear.
View attachment 60973
When you tap this, iBooks will open, and the file will be saved to the app.

That is what I tried after seeing that instruction on line. I opened the pdf, pressed on the top right to open, pressed on iBooks. Nothing else happens there. When I open iBooks the pdf is not there. What am I missing?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The file should open iBooks. If everything works right, Safari will close, and iBooks will open, all by itself.

See if force closing the app will help:
Double tap the Home button to reveal the multitask bar, then slide the iBooks app towards the top of the screen.

Last edited:
OP
B

Barbmgmn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The file should open iBooks. If everything works right, Safari will close, and iBooks will open, all by itself.

See if force closing the app will help:
Double tap the Home button to reveal the multitask bar, then slide the iBooks app towards the top of the screen.

OP
B

Barbmgmn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! The issue was in General-Restrictions. I changed that and all is good. I looked there before but wasn't sure where to go or what to check. Thanks for the help!

Most reactions

Latest posts