What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sat nav problem

nutrunner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thought i could use my ipad2 with waze as a sat nav but when i tried it ouside all i got was no internet , shown:( me where i was but thats all so does that mean i wont be able to use it as a satnav while away from my home

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
nutrunner said:
thought i could use my ipad2 with waze as a sat nav but when i tried it ouside all i got was no internet , shown:( me where i was but thats all so does that mean i wont be able to use it as a satnav while away from my home

If your iPad is cellular capable, activating a mobile data account would give you the Internet access you need for Sat Nav. So there's a cost equation to consider. On the other hand if you have a smartphone you could tether to the iPad.
Your service provider will charge for that, likely $10-$15 per month depending on the plan you have. Less expensive than activating a 2nd account.

Hope this helps.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts