What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sane Photo App For Ipad?

Kingsmuse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does one exist?
Because this Photos app(daisy)is simply asinine.

I synced a iPhoto album to the iPad from my macbook.
Then I couldn't delete individual photos from the iPhoto album created.
So, I unsynced the entire album through iTunes.

Now I have to go to the trouble of making a separate album of the photos I want one by one on my MacBook to sync with the iPad.

This photo app is more unintuitive and Less user friendly than a windows product.
A very strange thing coming from Apple.

Wonder what they were smoking when they decided to make it impossible to delete individual photos from albums in this app.

xlar54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look up "Photo-Sort". Very nice software. Create your own folders, import from the Photos app, sort and move things around and yes....even delete:). oh and password protection.

HaroldOhio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhoto appears to be a Mac program and not an 'app'. The standard Photo app that comes with the iPad will let you delete photos after they are loaded/synced.

I look at the iPad Photo app as a basic picture viewer.

OP
Kingsmuse

Kingsmuse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhoto appears to be a Mac program and not an 'app'. The standard Photo app that comes with the iPad will let you delete photos after they are loaded/synced.

Are you talking about this app?

images

Because you can only delete what is in your "Saved Photos" album.
It makes no sense to deny this capability to any other album created.
Synced photos seem to make their own album which is not deletable

I look at the iPad Photo app as a basic picture viewer.

Any basic picture viewer should have the capability to delete images.
It`s a pretty basic function

I`m an artist who markets himself.
This requires me to photograph my own work for PR/sale.
I`d love to use the Ipad as a quick viewer to decide which to keep and which to trash since my camera screen is far too small for the job.

I did get "Photo Sort" on the basis of the recommendations here.

It seems to be just what I`m looking for.

Thanks!!

HaroldOhio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The sun flower is the picture app. When you select this app your pictures are in one of these groups Photos, Albums, or Events. If you select a picture a trash can is in top right corner which is used to delete.

Is this what your looking for?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Photo app has never allowed deleting. It has been like that for over three years, nothing new--started on iPhone. They are meant to be synced. Never got really annoyed by that and I have had an iPhone since the beginning. If I don't want certain photos on my iPad, I don't sync them. I have always kept folders for photos I want to sync, adding and deleting from those folders as needed.

What I would prefer though is having "PhotoLists" that are akin to playlists for music. You tag photos for a given list and choose which list or lists to sync, just like music. Then on iPad/iPhone you could manage the lists. If you delete a list it will be deleted off iPad and PC. Photos are deleted off iPad but not deleted from PC. That is how it works with music, pretty much anyway.

Michael

OP
Kingsmuse

Kingsmuse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Synced photos seem to make their own album which is not deletable

Why? Why do they do this automatically? It bugs me.:mad:
I dunno, it bugs me too.

For those interested I also found this $2.99 app.

Picassa Web Albums

It`s web based and works off Picassa web albums.
I`m assuming it simply downloads the albums you have at Picassa, displays and allows management from your Ipad in the software.

It doesn`t quite work for my needs but sounds like it might be good for someone who uses Googles online services and simply wants greater flexibility managing their images.

Bill-fl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For anyone using photo-sort; Have you tried connecting your camera through the camera connection kit? Can you see your images on the screen at full size?

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Spam reported.

Edit: thx for removing it...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts