What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salesperson looking for a Sales Contact Organizer

CatFromFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
does anyone know of a sales contact manager app similar to the ACT software that was originally made by Semantec and then bought by Sage? I am a sales rep with over 9000 accounts and need a way to keep them organized and sortable by name, city, zip, etc. On my ipad.

I really want to use my ipad to keep my customer data easy to access, update and sort but so far have been unable to find one that meets my needs.

I believe they call them CRM contact resource managers???

Anyone?

Cat

MikeMuhney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.MikeMuhney.com
Hi Cat. I am the Co-Founder & Co-Inventor of ACT!. You can check me out at my present company VIPorbit (dot com) that will show you what I am doing with the iPhone and iPad for contact management - all for the low price of a one-time $9.99 for the iPhone version (which also runs on the iPad). For an additional $4.99 you can also obtain Backup My Stuff, our App within the App. Having co-invented ACT!, I abandoned Windows in 2006 and went pure Apple. Today I am both an iPhone and an iPad user, and use VIPorbit on both devices. We are literally developing the iPad version which will be out in 2 months which will have a completely new look and more functionality from our present version which was built for the iPhone and was released in February of this year.

PCWorld reviewed it and said:VIPorbit App Redefines iPhone Productivity

By Tony Bradley, PCWorld

The Apple iPhone revolutionized smartphones and ushered in a whole new era of mobile productivity. That said, there is still ample room for improvement. There are thousands of business tools and apps available for the iPhone, but none of them redefines mobile productivity the way VIPorbit does. This app is a game changer.

iPhone Life Magazine recently awarded us their Editor's Choice Award, saying VIPorbit was "better than ACT!". Robert Scoble himself uses it, and he has over 9,000 contacts as many of our customers do.

Anyway, go to the Apple App Store and give it a look. A key element of VIPorbit is the whole concept of Orbits, which a single person can be in any and all of. There is also as part of VIPorbit a function called vipLinks, helping you remember who knows who to make you smarter and more effective. And again, it is all for a one-time $9.99, plus $4.99 if you also get Backup My Stuff.

Feel free to contact me should you want to. I hope to have you again as I was with ACT! as a new VIPorbit customer and advocate. We even do recorded video testimonials of our users so should you use VIPorbit and want to share your story we'd be happy to discuss that too.

Take care, Mike Muhney, CEO & Co-Founder, VIPorbit (and former Co-Founder & Co-Inventor of ACT!)

juniorgolf18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Cat. I am the Co-Founder & Co-Inventor of ACT!. You can check me out at my present company VIPorbit (dot com) that will show you what I am doing with the iPhone and iPad for contact management - all for the low price of a one-time $9.99 for the iPhone version (which also runs on the iPad). For an additional $4.99 you can also obtain Backup My Stuff, our App within the App. Having co-invented ACT!, I abandoned Windows in 2006 and went pure Apple. Today I am both an iPhone and an iPad user, and use VIPorbit on both devices. We are literally developing the iPad version which will be out in 2 months which will have a completely new look and more functionality from our present version which was built for the iPhone and was released in February of this year.

PCWorld reviewed it and said:VIPorbit App Redefines iPhone Productivity

By Tony Bradley, PCWorld

The Apple iPhone revolutionized smartphones and ushered in a whole new era of mobile productivity. That said, there is still ample room for improvement. There are thousands of business tools and apps available for the iPhone, but none of them redefines mobile productivity the way VIPorbit does. This app is a game changer.

iPhone Life Magazine recently awarded us their Editor's Choice Award, saying VIPorbit was "better than ACT!". Robert Scoble himself uses it, and he has over 9,000 contacts as many of our customers do.

Anyway, go to the Apple App Store and give it a look. A key element of VIPorbit is the whole concept of Orbits, which a single person can be in any and all of. There is also as part of VIPorbit a function called vipLinks, helping you remember who knows who to make you smarter and more effective. And again, it is all for a one-time $9.99, plus $4.99 if you also get Backup My Stuff.

Feel free to contact me should you want to. I hope to have you again as I was with ACT! as a new VIPorbit customer and advocate. We even do recorded video testimonials of our users so should you use VIPorbit and want to share your story we'd be happy to discuss that too.

Take care, Mike Muhney, CEO & Co-Founder, VIPorbit (and former Co-Founder & Co-Inventor of ACT!)

Thanks mike for jumping in. I too have wanted to go strictly iPad iPhone so I am on store now looking. It shows only for iPhone so will it run on iPad now until new iPad version? And when it comes out will we have to buy separate program and will they work together/sync on iPhone iPad so you could use on either device??

Last edited:
OP
CatFromFL

CatFromFL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, i am in shock... My dream came true! An awesome CONTACT MANAGEMENT app and told about it by the developer of my dear ACT software.
So far i have not imported my sales accounts contact info but so far i am impressed. I got all of the contacts on my personal iphone and my ipad into orbits and even practiced backing up and restoring. I still have a major hurdle with importing my Outlook/Blackberry WORK contacts ( Thousands) but i am up for that this holiday weekend.
This iphone app works just fine on my ipad2. So far i really love the features of VIPorbit.
I can't wait for the ipad version! I also would like a printable phone list and some other printable features for labels.
Just keep the great apps coming....
Cat

juniorgolf18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, i am in shock... My dream came true! An awesome CONTACT MANAGEMENT app and told about it by the developer of my dear ACT software.
So far i have not imported my sales accounts contact info but so far i am impressed. I got all of the contacts on my personal iphone and my ipad into orbits and even practiced backing up and restoring. I still have a major hurdle with importing my Outlook/Blackberry WORK contacts ( Thousands) but i am up for that this holiday weekend.
This iphone app works just fine on my ipad2. So far i really love the features of VIPorbit.
I can't wait for the ipad version! I also would like a printable phone list and some other printable features for labels.
Just keep the great apps coming....
Cat

How are you seeing on ipad? On mine its small like an iphone on my screen and when blow up its too fuzzy. Also they don't sync. What you do on your ipad or iphone doesn't sync with the other... FYI

MikeMuhney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.MikeMuhney.com
Hi CatFromFL! Thanks so much for your kind comments. Yes, we are working diligently on the iPad version, which is going to be launched at Macworld Expo in late January. To your point about syncing between the iPhone and iPad, we will also launch at Macworld Expo another product as well, called vipSync. It is designed specifically for people like you - and me - who have both an iPhone and an iPad with VIPorbit on both and want real-time synching between the two devices. Also, we are soon releasing an updated version of VIPorbit for the iPhone with a whole new (yet still familiar) look with some more useful functionality added - in part to prepare for the iPad release so that functionally they are the same. This will be a free and automatic upgrade for you when it is ready, and will be known as version 2.0.

Okay, back to your syncing comment between the iPhone and iPad. There is a "workaround" right now that I use every day. Here's how it works:

* Subscribe to Backup My Stuff. Make sure that your user name and password is the same for VIPorbit on both your iPhone and iPad.
* When I get to my office, where I have the iPad wireless keyboard, I use that device while there. When done, (or before going to lunch lets say), I tap Backup My Stuff on the iPad.
* I then immediately go to my iPhone, select More (lower right hand corner on the dock) and then from the list tap Backup My Stuff. Once given that list after tapping, I tap Restore.
* I tap the top backup file that I just created from the iPad, and it refreshes the VIPorbit database with the same, and most current of course, information.
* I reverse this whole process at night usually. While watching TV, or out somewhere with my iPhone, I usually end up adding some new things. When i go to bed I tap Backup My Stuff on the iPhone.
* When I get to the office, I then power up my iPad, load VIPorbit, select More, tap Backup My Stuff from the More menu, then hit restore so that I can use my iPad for all office-inputted data.

I know that this may sound cumbersome, and it is to some degree, but it works for now and allows me the most important reason for doing so - to have the most current data on the device that I am using at the time. The one thing that you have to make sure of is this - use only one device at a time as it relates to VIPorbit data. Think of it as a handoff to another device going through this process. Anyway, vipSync, when released in January, will eliminate all of this. There will be nominal monthly fee for this service as only multiple-device users will need it so we didn't want to increase the price of either device version of VIPorbit itself. And here is another interesting thing about vipSync - imagine us developing a MacBook/Mac Desktop version of VIPorbit where you have even another device to conveniently use for all of your VIPorbit stuff. 2012 will be a very fun year for us.

One last thing....you mention that you would like to print a simple phone list. You can do that now in VIPorbit. Again, go to the More icon in the dock at the lower right hand corner. You will then see the list of options, the top one being Reports. Tap it, and then you will be shown a list of 4 report types to choose from (we're adding more to come in the next releases). Tap the one you want, then choose from 4 options what list you want printed - your entire database, or just the members of a specific Orbit, or just your last Search (Find), or the combination of multiple Finds that you have combined. Once selected, it will then compile that report, automatically attach it to your default Owner email address (you), and send it off to your email Inbox. Once you get to your computer, presumably with a printer attached, open the attachment and print it. Pretty straightforward.

I would enjoy speaking with you if you are interested. Also in doing a video testimonial of you as well. Take a look at some of them on our website. As this forum doesn't allow for the exchange of email addresses, you can email me at Mike (at) viporbit (dot com) if you wish.

Happy Thanksgiving! Take care, Mike Muhney, CEO & Co-Founder

Bschohr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to the iPhone and now have an ipad2, but my desk computer is a windows based notebook. I have been using outlook for my contact management albeit very inefficiently. Does your product sync with and work on the windows platform?

HeyRam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just saw on the viporbit website that they now have the app for iPad as well as iPhone
I am Realtor and think this can be an useful app for me
Any users out here using this app on their iPad and also if they sync it with their iPhone
Appreciate pointers
Thanks in advance
Ram

Most reactions

Latest posts