What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

computer idiot needs help with contact management issues

lfe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For anyone out there that reads this, please don't laugh. I use an HP Presario as my "main" computer. All of my softwarde aps are on it. I have been using Anytime Organizer for calendaring and contact management. I recently bought an Iphone and an Ipad for myself and my two bosses. I have been trying to (so far unsuccessfully) utilize the Ipads and Iphones by "syncing" them to the PC. Although the company that produces the software suggested the problem would be solved by purchasing an upgrade (which I did), the issues remain unresolved. All information I read suggest that I will need to purchase the Outlook software. Any suggestions? Experiences ? Ideas? This would include tips on multiple users and multiple calendars and address books.

Sincerely,
LFE

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I took a quick look at Anytime Organizer. It says it will sync with iPad and iPhone, but isn't too specific on how.

However it also says it will sync with Google. Since iOS Calendars and Contacts can also sync with Google's services you can use Google as a central hub for your information. There are quite a few advantages to doing it this way; immediate sync as long as you have internet access, the ability to share calendars with other people, etc.

You won't be able to keep groups for you contacts on the iPhone and probably Google, but you would have probably lost that with a direct sync as well.

Good luck.

Here are some links that may help beyond the default GMail setup found in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars; Add Account.

Add calendars to IMAP setup.
https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect

Sync Contacts via CardDAV
http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2753077

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts