What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari????

HowBoutThemPack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eh guys, I couldn't find anything on these forums with this specific issue: Safari is gone, and SB Settings duplicated itself in place of Safari. Anyone have the solution? I've tried respringing, restarting, and everything else I could think of. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my jailbroken iPad2 using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The first thing to do is to think of what tweak or action you did just before this behavior occurred. If it's a tweak you installed, then go to Cydia and uninstall it.

If it's an action, that may be a bit tougher. Did you use SBSettings to hide the Safari icon? In fact, if you go to Spotlight and type it in, does a search reveal that Safari is there (I'm assuming yes because you really can't delete a stock app without a lot of work ... that you'd know you did). Or, did you put Safari in the SBSettings dock? If an app is put in the SBSettings dock, it's automatically hidden.

That's all I can think to check off the top of my head. Oh, and I assume you did a respring or reset, yeah? That helps a lot, sometimes.

Marilyn

OP
H

HowBoutThemPack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not positive what the problem is. I also had the same problem with another app duplicating itself. I ended up uninstalling both of the apps and reinstalling them. Now everything is normal again. Another problem I was having was that any app (SkyFire in this instance) was creating a new page from my home screen that it would relocate itself to. So there would be page one with all of my apps including SkyFire, then I'd swipe to page two where SkyFire would move itself to, and there would be no other apps, then swipe to page three ( which normally was page 2 ) and back again in refer order where SkyFire would relocate back to page one. It's got to be a tweak, but nothing has been installed lately, except for springtomize. However to counter that problem i ended up locking my icons and it hasn't happened since.

Sent from my jailbroken iPad2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts