What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryanair

Maz1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone else got this problem. I'm unable to book flights on iPad 2. I can search for flights but they won't load, and I've noticed a locked padlock on the tab whilst its trying to load. after a while I get a message saying it's taking longer than normal do I want to quit or wait. Doesn't matter how long I wait they won't load. I can go on laptop and get flights straight away. What's happened because I've always got them on iPad up until a couple of weeks ago. Help. Maz

OP
Maz1953

Maz1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been in touch with Ryanair and they say there's nothing wrong with site, and like I said I can access it no problem on laptop. what does the padlock represent, anyone know? Maz

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Maz1953 said:
Has anyone else got this problem. I'm unable to book flights on iPad 2. I can search for flights but they won't load, and I've noticed a locked padlock on the tab whilst its trying to load. after a while I get a message saying it's taking longer than normal do I want to quit or wait. Doesn't matter how long I wait they won't load. I can go on laptop and get flights straight away. What's happened because I've always got them on iPad up until a couple of weeks ago. Help. Maz

Hi,

Not sure what your issue is then.

Using an iPad 2, I just booked a flight on Ryan Air from Gatwick to Dublin return, right up to the point of entering my credit card number - all I had to do was click purchase at that point.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've been in touch with Ryanair and they say there's nothing wrong with site, and like I said I can access it no problem on laptop. what does the padlock represent, anyone know? Maz

The padlock means the browser is using a secure connection (https). If you look closely at the browser on your laptop will probably see a padlock somewhere there too.

Try going into Settings > Safari, and clear the Cookies and Data. Sometimes the cookies for a site can get scrambled and prevent it from working properly. If that's not it, I have no idea what's going on.

OP
Maz1953

Maz1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys, I've sorted it. I've always had private browsing enabled and never had a problem, now however Ryanair site won't work with it enabled. I turned it off this morning and went straight in no problem. Weird or what? Anyway thanks again. Maz

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Glad you got it fixed.

Ryanair must have updated their site to work with cookies. Private browsing does not allow cookies. Make sure you only accept cookies from visited sites. That's the default, but best to be sure.

Jurgen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look what came up on petition site we-want-ryanair-route-map-on-ipad...
Ryanair shouldn't neglect his Ipad customer.

Most reactions

Latest posts