What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian phonetic keyboard issue

susja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello.
I'm interested in typing Russian sometime....
Well I added Russian keyboard to the list of keyboards. Then it offered me 3 options: Russian, Russian--PC and Russian phonetic. I am interested in phonetic layout but it doesn't work for me. I mean that whatever layout I choose from those three available it only actually gives me one and I am positive that's not phonetic. In other words Russian phonetic is not working.
Could someone please help me with that?
Thanks in advance.

DiNoise

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here, just got my iPad on the launch day and set it up with Russian phonetic keyboard layout but it still gives me a regular layout. Can we submit this issue to apple? I'm kinda new to iOS so don't know how to do it.

OP
S

susja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DiNoise said:
Same here, just got my iPad on the launch day and set it up with Russian phonetic keyboard layout but it still gives me a regular layout. Can we submit this issue to apple? I'm kinda new to iOS so don't know how to do it.

I found out that's known issue and it's expected to work only with physical keyboard but you definitely could request Apple to provide support for on-screen keyboard as well

Most reactions