What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour: Apple Set to Discontinue iPad Mini

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Apple set to discontinue iPad mini.JPG

BGR has another scoop today, reporting that it has heard from sources close to Apple that the company is phasing out the iPad mini, mainly because falling sales are reflecting that people are tending to prefer either the larger iPads or the 5.5-inch iPhone 7 Plus.

BGR’s source said that there is “fierce cannibalism of our own products,” and that the iPad mini has been “sized out of its own category.” The source says that the sales numbers are “very clear” about the decreased demand for the iPad mini, which is the main factor in Apple deciding to discontinue it.

The source did not reveal exactly how Apple plans to phase out the iPad mini. It’s possible that the company might simply keep selling the current model and cease to introduce any new models, or it might just decide to withdraw it from sale.

The source also said that Apple is set to share “record numbers” at WWDC 2017 that were not revealed at the recent earnings calls.

Source: Apple to discontinue iPad mini as device gets squeezed from both ends

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They supposedly all ready killed the mini. The mini 2 was ended not that long ago and the mini 4 is the only thing left. You can still find mini 2 I think I got my mini 2 this year in January.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The end of the mini is a rumor. Apple has not said anything on the subject. The only way to be sure the mini is dead is if Apple says so, or if they stop selling any mini models in the Apple Store.

Most reactions

Latest posts