What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumors of Ipad 3 keeping me on the fence about getting ipad 2

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Highly doubt we will see it this year. They are having a heck of a time keeping up with iPad2 demand and it doesn't really make sense to release something earlier when the current model is selling out everywhere. Also during the keynote, Jobs was very specific when he said 2011 was the year of the iPad 2. It's a great device and if you're able to get your hands on one I'd do it.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:
Highly doubt we will see it this year. They are having a heck of a time keeping up with iPad2 demand and it doesn't really make sense to release something earlier when the current model is selling out everywhere. Also during the keynote, Jobs was very specific when he said 2011 was the year of the iPad 2. It's a great device and if you're able to get your hands on one I'd do it.

That's just what I was going to say! Don't delay, get it now and enjoy until March 2011!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I am thinking about getting an ipad2. I was all set to put my order in at the apple store when I came across things online, saying the ipad 3 will be out in the fall.
I dont know if its true or not but now I am on the fence. What do you guys think?

I'm holding on my Palm Pilot III, waiting for the iPad 9, I heard it was going to have 256GB of RAM and a neuro implant port.

poker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the Palm 7 until I lost it. I loved that thing. Also had a $5 data plan to buy movie tickets, check email, and news...etc.

There will be many more iPads to come...how long do you want to be without one is the question.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1: the iPad 3 will most likely not be out till February of next year.
2: if your gonna wait for the next device! You might as well not get any!
There's always gonna be a newer, better device that is coming out in the near future.
I say "Go For It"! The iPad 2 is amazing and if you have another iDevice and like that, you will love this!

FREE MY iPAD2 

droid2mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Phones, cameras, computers, tablets, you name it. Any will be obsolete in 2 years. if you wait for the 3, rumors will start about the 4. if you wait, you'll never get one.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I am thinking about getting an ipad2. I was all set to put my order in at the apple store when I came across things online, saying the ipad 3 will be out in the fall.
I dont know if its true or not but now I am on the fence. What do you guys think?

I know exactly what you mean. In fact, that's why I still have my Apple II.

Kabona

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
any why is the ipad3 so popular with everyone? why not wait for the 4 or 5??

The 3d display will do it for me

oxenjo30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jacobbones said:

Is this true? It doesn't make sense releasing 2 ver in 1 yr.

Tsuintx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Damn and I just got my iPad2! Why didn't I wait for the 3? Or maybe 4...?

Yeah right! There's awlaysnanother one around the corner and, just like somebody already said, you might as well not get any.

So, OP, get yourself one and once the next one comes out, just sell it and get a new one. Luckily there will stillnbe second hand market for these so you can recoup some of your money.

retexan599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Five Year Plan

For my desktop PC I work on the five year plan...I change out everything: hardware, monitor, OS, applications, etc. every five years. So, I had a W95 machine (15" monitor) that I started with in 1996; changed out to XP & Office 2002 in 2002 (19" monitor); changed to Vista and Office 2007 in 2007 (22" monitor). And at each point bought an (almost) top of the line hardware and monitor. This keeps me congruent with everything up and down the line. Not sure what I will do in 2012, but I have my eye on a 24" LCD monitor & probably a wireless printer....
Not sure that 5 year policy will hold for my iPad 2, but we shall see to what extent the iPad supplants my desktop PC. Fun stuff really...

Oh...I am still getting great service from the 50" Philips Plasma HDTV I bought in summer 2006!

Katoosh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 3 is going to have 18mp back and 12 mp front camera, a 2560x1920 pixel display and come with a 320gb ssd. Better wait!

Most reactions

Latest posts