What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canada Online Ordering 2-3 Week wait already.....

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was hitting refresh since 1 am and the site finally updated 10 minutes later.

To my dismay it's already a 2 - 3 week wait for the iPad 2. Leaving the warehouse on April 15th and receiving it on April 22. That's almost a month wait.

I still ordered one online but I think I'm going to try and get my hands on it at London Drugs today.

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Same in Australia I stood in line for over an hour and missed out as lack of stock on wifi models hey thats life I can live with it There were over 70 in line and this is a suburb of Brisbane 2-3 weeks is the Apple web site in Australia as well

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same in Australia I stood in line for over an hour and missed out as lack of stock on wifi models hey thats life I can live with it There were over 70 in line and this is a suburb of Brisbane 2-3 weeks is the Apple web site in Australia as well

So sorry to hear that col.bris!! I'm off to the Apple Store in Aberdeen today. If the line is too long, then it's coffee at Starbucks and straight home...

Tim
Scotland

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score

To my dismay it's already a 2 - 3 week wait for the iPad 2. Leaving the warehouse on April 15th and receiving it on April 22. That's almost a month wait.

I still ordered one online but I think I'm going to try and get my hands on it at London Drugs today.

Asking again.
How come they don't ask who your carrier is? Doesn't that matter?

OP
Y

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys! I went to my local store yesterday and this guy said that last year, they didn't even have a line up for the first iPad. People just walked in casually. They didn't sell out until the next day.

There's not a lot of inquiries in this store. I'll go there in the morning to see if there's a line up already. If not, I'll head to the office and then check the store again at 1.

Good luck to us all! :)

OP
Y

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Asking again.
How come they don't ask who your carrier is? Doesn't that matter?

You don't have to choose a carrier. All iPads are unlocked. You can use any SIM from any carrier in Canada.

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting.
How come in the US you have to stipulate whether it is Verizon or AT&T? They use different systems.
For Canada you can use anyone? I would love to know how that works. I believe that Rogers and Bell use different systems. eg GPRS vs CDMA

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

So sorry to hear that col.bris!! I'm off to the Apple Store in Aberdeen today. If the line is too long, then it's coffee at Starbucks and straight home...

Tim
Scotland

I am sorry to hear that too, Colin! Starbucks, Tim? My daughter is a manager at Starbucks ~

What's your poison there?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting.
How come in the US you have to stipulate whether it is Verizon or AT&T? They use different systems.
For Canada you can use anyone? I would love to know how that works. I believe that Rogers and Bell use different systems. eg GPRS vs CDMA

This is interesting. I would love to know more too!

ratatapa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All carries use the same technology in Canada

While AT&T and Verizon use different ones

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ipad 2 release in Australia is going absolutely NUTS. I spoke to 9 people in line all were first time users can you believe that. I handed out my ipadforums card address to every one i could I was caught off guard but thats life I can wait ...........OMG 3 weeks .cry cry cry ohhhhhhhhhhhh lol

It is Apple fever with out question in Australia Total sell out in less than 30 minutes in most stores. What Apple did same as USA is release it through multiple retailers ie many 3rd party stores It seems all sold out fast..... I am not concerned I think it is more important to think about the losses of life in Japan than worry about a delay in ipad deliveries...

ratatapa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So they all use the same.........carrier?

FROM apple.com

Wi-Fi + 3G model: UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
Wi-Fi + 3G for Verizon model: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1900 MHz)

SO AT&T use GSM and Verizon use CDMA

From Apple.ca

Wi-Fi + 3G model: UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

Which means if you buy your IPAd in Canada you can use BELL rogers and Telus without a problem

But if you go to USA you need to use AT&T

While on the oposite

If you buy a 3g Verizon Ipad2 you cannot you use it in Canada for the 3g

So if you plan to come to Canada with your Ipad2 and 3g you need to be At&T then buy a sim from a Canada Carrier here and it will work

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So they all use the same.........carrier?

FROM

Wi-Fi + 3G for Verizon model: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1900 MHz)

SO AT&T use GSM and Verizon use CDMA

From Apple.ca

Which means if you buy your IPAd in Canada you can use BELL rogers and Telus without a problem

But if you go to USA you need to use AT&T

While on the oposite

If you buy a 3g Verizon Ipad2 you cannot you use it in Canada for the 3g

So if you plan to come to Canada with your Ipad2 and 3g you need to be At&T then buy a sim from a Canada Carrier here and it will work

Thanks for the clarification! So ~ would my iPad, wifi and 3G work there? I have AT&T.

Most reactions