What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rubber frame is out :(

karkooshy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
cybershares.forumotion.com
I couldn't sleep yesterday...
I got my iPad the day it was released, and it has been in perfect condition since I brought it.
Yesterday night, I accidently dropped the iPad (in it's case) and the iPad fell on the corner (where it is least protected >.<) what luck :p
Thankfully everything is fine, except for a small dent in the corner.
Now I'm not concerned about the dent.... it's small and unnoticeable... HOWEVER the rubber framing between the metal and the plastic screen has been bumped up and out...
How much would it cost me for Apple to push down that rubber frame back to place?
or can I do it myself???
Anyone got any ideas?

GeeWillikers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it's just cosmetic and not impacting the performance or functionality of the unit, I don't know that I'd let anyone mess with it.

Sometimes in the process of fixing things we make them worse. I once sent an item in for repair and it came back fixed but with other damage that it didn't have before I had it repaired. In the end it would have been better if I left it alone,

This is just me. Sometimes a bird you know is better than the one that hasn't crapped on you yet. If it isn't broken, I don't know that I'd fix it..

I'm sure, knowing apple, it won't be cheap. Is it something you can attempt yourself?

didisinned

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would squaretrade warranty your iPad immediately. You can warranty it up to 3 months after your purchase and it covers accidental damages. I know it's cosmetic, but you never know if something will go wrong later on due to that drop :/.

Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts