What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RSS Reader

brownycub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good evening. I need help finding a good RSS reader that will seamlessly connect with my Google Reader. I am currently using MobileRSS, and although the layout and presentation is nice, there are some functionality issues that will only lead me to resent the app the more I use it. Anyone got any suggestions in the paid and free categories I could look into?

Layth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you taken a look at Early Edition 2? That's been my go to RSS app. I think it's even on sale now.

OP
brownycub

brownycub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you both for the suggestions. Since both are paid apps, I will have to do some research on them before I decide to move forward with either.

OP
brownycub

brownycub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
No problem. Whatever choice you make, let us know how it works out for you.

Here is the AppAdvice guide for RSS readers. Lots of choices here for all kinds of readers. You'll still want to do more research.

RSS Readers For The iPad: iPad/iPhone Apps AppGuide

Thank you for the link. It was full of great information. At this time I am still researching, however I got the Apollo Browser and found that their Google Reader web app is doing the job. The stream view is the same(mobile) however the app adds a pane on the right that displays the content of the feed that you are viewing, unlike Safari.

Airtent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
http://www.curioustimes.de/mrreader/

B
efore, my go to rss reader was mobilerss, but now I have found the end all of rss apps. Courtesy of appadvice, they directed me to Mr. Reader and it rocks! So many options to this thing and it is very fast. Supports offline mode, comes with different themes, download other themes for free, and even make your own. And its the fastest reader app I have come across so far and I've tried a good few. Excellent layout and supports the new ipad retina screen. My only complaint is that I wish I knew about this app sooner! Check the link for all the features and an animated walkthrough of the various areas in the app.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I loved MobileRSS - I genuinely thought it was the best but there is a bug in it that is affected by certainly data connections and the app has been abandoned by it's developers which is a real shame. I'm on the lookout for a universal app to take it's place now. It's a shame because I'm only affected by this bug at work, it's perfectly fine at home of over 3G on my iPhone. Loads of other people have reported this same issue though.

Airtent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea wish mobilerss would get updated, but i'm much happier with mr. Reader. So many options.

OP
brownycub

brownycub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Airtent said:
Yea wish mobilerss would get updated, but i'm much happier with mr. Reader. So many options.

Well mrreader looks pretty awesome, and I think I am ready to purchase it. It looks solid and well supported. Thank you for the suggestion.

Stevenbeatty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought mr reader after using reeder and feeddler pro and i am sooo happy with mr reader. How's it been working out for you?

Most reactions

Latest posts