What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Review: Padacs AV Cable + USB

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Padacs AV Cable+USB is basically exactly what it says on the box! The white cable that looks exactly like an official Apple cable has the red, white and yellow AV connectors and a USB connector, and is designed to enable you to connect your iPad, iPhone, iPod nano, classic iPod and iPod touch to your TV via the AV connection. Once hooked up, you can either play videos from your device on your TV, or a photo slideshow (complete with backing music from your iPod player, if you wish). It's a neat little gadget that simply gets on with doing the job and nothing more. Once you've connected your device and switched to the AV input on your TV, simply play a video from your device just as you would if you were normally watching it directly on the smaller screen to see it appear on the big screen. The same goes for the slideshow mode which can be accessed via Photos. It's very easy to use, and it works, which is all you want really!

You can get the Padacs AV Cable+USB for $39.95 from padacs.com.

Bogy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your link brings up a page that says no results were found, and in the accessories section under cables there are no cables. Are you jumping the gun here?

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Hi
Thanks for letting me know, no I wasn't jumping the gun as I got the cables from Padacs and have tested them. I didn't realise the link was broken though, so apologies! Basically you need to go to the site, then enter AV Cable in the search box, you'll then see the cable and you'll be able to add the cable to your cart by clicking on the Buy Now button. I did try that yesterday before posting the link so I know it works as I know broken links are annoying! :)

Bogy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a lot of broken links on that site. The only one that works is the "Buy" link. If you want more information before you buy, you are out of luck.

Bogy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to type it in exactly AV cable. If you don't capitalize the AV it won't work. If you do capitalize the cable it won't work. If you add an s to cable, it won't work.

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Give it another try, I just went to the main page and entered AV Cable in the search box and got the cables up and the buy box, so it should be working.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay.. So RCA cables. How's the video quality??

I'm afraid if running on a 55" LCD tv it'll look horrible..

Maybe I'll wait for an HDMI option?

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
It's not bad quality, certainly watchable even on a bigger screen, but nowhere near as good as HDMI of course!

laddie2day

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Padacs site

When I go to the Padacs site, The Padacs AC Cable + USB is nowhere to be found under all of the tabs that they have on their web page?

Bogy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I go to the Padacs site, The Padacs AC Cable + USB is nowhere to be found under all of the tabs that they have on their web page?

No, it isn't. Even under the iPad/cables that shows a picture of it doesn't list it. The only way to find it is to type the name EXACTLY as I state in an earlier post. You have to really want one of these and be willing to jump through hoops to buy one.

Most reactions

Latest posts