What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REVIEW: My First Impressions of the iPad

Brad Groux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bradgroux.com
For those interested. I've written up a review about my first week with the iPad, you can read the excerpt below or view the full review at my blog. I'll be writing follow up posts that go in to more detail about what I love and hate about the iPad in it's current form. I'll update this thread when they are up.

VERDICT: Even with all of it’s flaws, I wouldn’t give up my iPad and can’t really figure out how I ever lived without it to begin with. It won’t replace a full fledged laptop or desktop computer due to some of it’s flaws, but if you are tech-savvy enough you can easily work your way through all of the Apple BS and unleash the full potential of this great device. It easily replaces the near worthless netbooks on the market. Netbooks are fine until you use an iPad. Once you use an iPad it makes you realize that you can have a smooth user experience with lower end mobile hardware.

Full Review: REVIEW: My First Impressions of the iPad

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that is pretty much the opinion of everyone I've talked to about it! I also don't know how I'd ever get along without it, now that I've had it. It has far exceeded my expectations. I knew it's shortcomings before I got it, so no surprises. Just give me multitasking and folders in 4.0 and it will be perfect.....or close to it! :)

Obfuscation

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious because I may be buying an iPad soon, what do you mean running only 40% right out of the box? Do you mean because you had to jailbreak it?

Also I haven't jailbroken any of my iDevices in a while and I was wondering, does it affect battery life any?

OP
Brad Groux

Brad Groux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bradgroux.com
Just curious because I may be buying an iPad soon, what do you mean running only 40% right out of the box? Do you mean because you had to jailbreak it?

Also I haven't jailbroken any of my iDevices in a while and I was wondering, does it affect battery life any?

Yeah, I meant the fact that I had to Jailbreak it. There is so much more that you can do with the iPad when it is Jailbroken, it is a shame that most users don't realize that... and no I don't mean they can steal apps, as I pay for my apps.

I have seen no decrease in battery life when I Jailbroke mine. Mine lasts a good 8-10 hours of usage at full screen brightness every day.

newday

iPF Noob
Reaction score
like many people, in my first eyesight on ipad i just consider it as a big ipod touch, nothing on it can catch my eye, but now it is totally different.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I really enjoyed my iPod Touch and knew what to expect......or so I thought.
It really is a new device with a hell of a lot of potential. That said it's pretty good as it is.

The trouble is that it's so good we expect it to do more than the hardware can currently deliver. That's why I'm eagerly awaiting the next version.

Jailbraking? Never felt the need tbh and multitasking is something my wife does........ :)

WilliamOfOranje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HA... I just thought of something: I could, if I were misinformed, walk up to a stage right before an music festival, look at all the equippment and think to myself: ''well, this is basically a home stereo on steroids... it's the same thing only bigger! it's so clumsy, look at all these wires... what's the point of all this?'' and I'd be very wrong indeed ;)

@ Hasty next generation iPad will be ''coming soon'', really.

milanika

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad is fantastic - all my family, and friends are in love from the first sight!

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
I don't really want multi-tasking (except Audible audiobooks to run in the background.) Other than that, I like one thing at a time. Helps keep me focused on what I am doing.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
" I like one thing at a time. Helps keep me focused on what I am doing."

Agreed.
And app switching is so quick that it's not really much of an inconvenience.

Tasty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pad lover

Hi I have only had my iPad for two days now and I must say I do not know what I would have done without it. Trust me you are going to love it. And if a new generation comes out next year i will buy that one as well.:)

docextreme1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I think it's a great device and love it I have been having so much fun learning all about. The multi task would be nice maybe in the iPad2 when released

Most reactions

Latest posts