What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Returning the iPad

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All of your music and books are on your computer so there is no need to back them up. All of your "stuff" is under your home folder under Music | iTunes | iTunes Music, even your books. "Winnie the Pooh" is a freebie that everyone got automatically. You will have to re-sync all of your music and books after you get your new/replacement iPad.

As far as your Kindle stuff, all you have to do is start the Kindle app on your new/replacement iPad with your Amazon account and you will have access to your Kindle library. You will probably(?) have to re-download whatever books you want from your Amazon library to your iPad, but you already own them so there is no charge for this.

Clear as mud, eh?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I concur on what all have said about Apple refurbs. I would go far as to say they are likely better. They have been personally looked over and checked out by Apple. The new units are rolling off the line as fast as possible and do not get that kind of care and attention.

Michael

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I concur on what all have said about Apple refurbs. I would go far as to say they are likely better. They have been personally looked over and checked out by Apple. The new units are rolling off the line as fast as possible and do not get that kind of care and attention.

Michael

Exactly right. That has always been my experience. Best way to go. I wish all the companies refurb policies were as good as Apple's.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I got the refurb and it looks as good as new. I'm pleased.

I did notice however a slight nick in the one I'm returning and it's right by the volume rocker. It's kind of hard to see but it's there. I hope they don't say I caused this, because that will cost me 500.00.:(

I missed the part where it said sync books and music, but that's ok. I really don't need the music on my iPad and if I do I have an app that will grab it from my mac and play the files for me.

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Well, I got the refurb and it looks as good as new. I'm pleased.

I did notice however a slight nick in the one I'm returning and it's right by the volume rocker. It's kind of hard to see but it's there. I hope they don't say I caused this, because that will cost me 500.00.:(

I missed the part where it said sync books and music, but that's ok. I really don't need the music on my iPad and if I do I have an app that will grab it from my mac and play the files for me.

Don't sweat the nick. You're fine. I can assure you. And it's interesting. As much as people bitch about Apple (not you, hook), the simple fact is that they are outstanding at customer service and backing their products. I have yet to find fault with their business practices on those points. In fact, I wish more companies would learn from them.

trickyricky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
warranty

I had a nightmare with my ipad. It died and I spent hours on the phone to apple and it still would not restore or charge. They said to take it in to an apple store for a swap so they made me the appointment. I drove 60 miles to the store, they looked and said they would swap but had none in stock, they said they will be a few days so 60 miles back home.

Called them 2 days later and just asked if they had any Ipad 32 gig wifi's in stock, the answer was yes lots and lots. Then I told them I would come and collect as they need to replace mine.......... then they said that I could not as these were retail and my replacment was not in. I was not happy and asked for the manager who tried to tell me the same.

I insisted on them giving me a new one from the retail stock, after some moaning he did agree. So another 120 miles round trip.

Cost to me was over £70 in travel and phone calls. I am really cheesed off and am thinking of writing a letter and asking for free ext warrenty to repay me. They could have told me they had none in stock in the fisrt place.

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
You can ask for the extended warranty as much as you want, but I'll place odds on whether you get it. Sorry, but that's the reality. Sorry you had such problems. Unfortunately issues are always going to pop up out of the norm. There's no way around it.

Most reactions

Latest posts