What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Returned my iPad to apple store sold out

iserian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not as exciting as the title sounds. Ended up with 2 64's and one 16 plus apple cases for each. Keeping the two 64's and returned the 16 and apple case.

At this point two are going to meet the need until gen 2 comes out.

I was surprised to find the apple store has been sold out for a few days for all ipads and apple cases. My returned 16 was purchased on the spot by a customer who said he had been waiting for 3 days. He was super happy to walk out with one.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was surprised to find the apple store has been sold out for a few days for all ipads and apple cases. My returned 16 was purchased on the spot by a customer who said he had been waiting for 3 days. He was super happy to walk out with one.

I keep telling you guys you could make a killing with the buzz around the iPad right now, just sell it via CraigsList or eBay. Take you girl out with the profit.

I have been following the real time statistics and it appears the take up rate has accelerated slightly. iPad hit 650,000 around 6:30PM EDT and I had calculated earlier it would be some time around 7PM.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I keep telling you guys you could make a killing with the buzz around the iPad right now, just sell it via CraigsList or eBay. Take you girl out with the profit.

I have been following the real time statistics and it appears the take up rate has accelerated slightly. iPad hit 650,000 around 6:30PM EDT and I had calculated earlier it would be some time around 7PM.

yeah you can easily get $100 over retail for the 16GB and $200-$300 for the 64GB.

OP
I

iserian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some it might be worth it but not for me. They had lots available earlier in the week. I was surprised they finally sold out.

kravdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Not really selling for a profit here... Been watching all week but 16gb have been selling for 575-600 on ebay... Take out 9% eBay fees and now you are actually lower than retail here in Chicago (we have 10.75% sales tax).

That being said, I have a 16 gb NIB that I need to sell or return to apple.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Not really selling for a profit here... Been watching all week but 16gb have been selling for 575-600 on ebay... Take out 9% eBay fees and now you are actually lower than retail here in Chicago (we have 10.75% sales tax).

That being said, I have a 16 gb NIB that I need to sell or return to apple.

it's $499....so even if you had to pay 10% tax for some reason that would be $549...how is that more than $575-600?

Most reactions