What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retrieving missing videos

rdkendrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I apologize in advance if I should have posted this in another section, but I did't see an iTunes thread, just Apps.
Some of my videos (and music) are somehow getting deleted. I know I didn't do it.
On iTunes, on my PC, I deleted duplicates, but always left the originals, but, even then, it should show up in purchased items.
Now, when I look in the Video app, I see that half of my purchased videos are missing.
How does one get a purchased video back, when there is no vidro selection on iTunes?
I can retrieve music, movies, & TV, but not videos.
I know that music can be retrieved, but only if it's in the purchased list, and every month, I find music, that I know I purchased, missing.
Now, I am posting this before I hook up to iTunes, on my PC, so forgive me if the videos are still in there, but why would they not be available online? And how is purchased music getting deleted?
Enough ranting from me. Thank you in advance of your answers!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
By videos do you mean music videos? They should be in the purchase history just like your other items. I regards to the music that is disappearing from your purchase history, is that music also missing from the iTunes Store? I've had that happen to me several times and my solution is to keep a complete backup of my entire iTunes library on an external hard drive.

OP
rdkendrick

rdkendrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi scifan,
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. NONE of the missing videos are in my purchased items, either. I find that strange.
I could probably synch with iTunes and get them back, but how could they get deleted from my purchased items?
I guess that's a question for iTunes support. This, "missing items purchased" thing has been going on for awhile. I have close to 2000 songs, so I don't know something is missing, unless I specifically look for a song.
Thanks for your reply,
RK

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi scifan,
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. NONE of the missing videos are in my purchased items, either. I find that strange.
I could probably synch with iTunes and get them back, but how could they get deleted from my purchased items?
I guess that's a question for iTunes support. This, "missing items purchased" thing has been going on for awhile. I have close to 2000 songs, so I don't know something is missing, unless I specifically look for a song.
Thanks for your reply,
RK
You're welcome.

Backing up your iTunes library is the best way to ensure you never permanently lose any previously purchased item.

Most reactions