What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retina Display iPad mini release date: Q3 of 2013?

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
iphone-5s-ipad-mini-retina-1.jpg

​

When the iPad Mini was launched, some users might have been disappointed to see that the device did not come sporting a Retina Display. This week, however, brings good news related to this topic as a new batch of rumors have surfaced on the web.

Coming from Asia, this particular report sediments the already quite well established theory that Apple is getting ready to launch a Retina Display iPad Mini. And this time, we even got an approximate date – the device is going to see the light of day somewhere in the Q3 of 2013. And that’s not all. The ​​company also has a fifth generation full fledged iPad in the works. It will feature a similar design to the iPad Mini and will sport a thinner bezel and a lighter frame.

Even if Apple experienced a decline in iPad 4 shippings recently, it doesn’t mean that the company will not get back on the saddle when the two new tablets will be released on the market. The first generation iPad mini however, is predicted to still attract the attention of many customers.

If a Retina Display iPad Mini would be released on the market, it would most likely boast a 2048x1536 display with a pixel density of 324 ppi. But who is going to be in charge of making the display? Apple is probably going to choose a partner like LG Display or AUO, Japan Display or even Sharp to do its bidding.

The Retina Display iPad Mini has also been predicted by people in the know like Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Muster who stated that Apple is going to unleash the device somewhere towards the end of the year.

Source: AppleInsider

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Couldn't care less about retina display, only reason I would buy the next version immediately is if they offer a 128GB version. They need to ditch the 16GB in all products and go with 32, 64, 128 and keep they same price structure as 16,32,64.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Curious how this goes. On one hand you have a lot of mini owners saying the display never was an issue. Then, others claim having no retina display kills it. I wonder how many of those that say they don't care about the display will still buy this on release date anyways? Sometimes, I wonder if people say they don't care about something so they can justify not having it. Grab popcorn and watch the show. :)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Curious how this goes. On one hand you have a lot of mini owners saying the display never was an issue. Then, others claim having no retina display kills it. I wonder how many of those that say they don't care about the display will still buy this on release date anyways? Sometimes, I wonder if people say they don't care about something so they can justify not having it. Grab popcorn and watch the show. :)

Maybe you have both camps....some who don't care about the display and other than do. Then you have some you want a retina but still bought the original. And, depending on what else is inside mini 2, will probably by the next one too.

The real question is why do you care? It's not your money being spent.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me, retina and upgraded guts would be the selling points. The third quarter still seems a long time away, though, lol.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe you have both camps....some who don't care about the display and other than do. Then you have some you want a retina but still bought the original. And, depending on what else is inside mini 2, will probably by the next one too.

The real question is why do you care? It's not your money being spent.

Just talking shop on a forum about these devices, bro. Why do you care whether I care or not? Why even have a forum? :D

sentinelace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So a screen replacement alone is worth buying a new one? Most users don't even know the difference

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So a screen replacement alone is worth buying a new one? Most users don't even know the difference

Perhaps they don't notice at a glance, but try to read something with tiny type and most users you have decent close up vision will definitely notice.

sentinelace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right but as usual people aren't going to rush out and get it if they already have a previous device. It's not enough change.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right but as usual people aren't going to rush out and get it if they already have a previous device. It's not enough change.

You're free to spend your money your way, as are others. You don't get to decide for others what's "enough change" unless you're planning to pay for other people's devices, lol.

Most reactions

Latest posts