What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoring to SAME 3.2.1 firmware

ztariqz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used the jailbreakme method on my ipad since its been out, but I have been faced with more and more apps crashing as soon as they launch, some bought from the app store (eg numbers.. call of duty) I have tried using other sources to download these apps but with same results. Restarting iPad has not helped either.

Next best option was to try to restore the iPad. Now that 3.2.2 is out I did not want to update, I have used the "make my life easier" button in cydia and have tried to ctrl+restore method on itunes but with no use.. either get the 3002 error, or not eligible to update error or so on. Have updated the hosts file in /etc, have umbrella running before and after hitting restore button ..

Question is how can i restore the SAME firmware on the iPad? Do I have to upgrade to 3.2.2 so I can downgrade back? What am i doing wrong?

What is the main reason for those apps crashing anyway? I have heard memory leaks and so on but if I have restarted the iPad freshly it should be fine? I have memory capacity more than 60% (of 64gb) full but that should not be an issue should it?

Any help would be appreciated

fenderprowler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.freeipadjailbreak.org
I have used the jailbreakme method on my ipad since its been out, but I have been faced with more and more apps crashing as soon as they launch, some bought from the app store (eg numbers.. call of duty) I have tried using other sources to download these apps but with same results. Restarting iPad has not helped either.

Next best option was to try to restore the iPad. Now that 3.2.2 is out I did not want to update, I have used the "make my life easier" button in cydia and have tried to ctrl+restore method on itunes but with no use.. either get the 3002 error, or not eligible to update error or so on. Have updated the hosts file in /etc, have umbrella running before and after hitting restore button ..

Question is how can i restore the SAME firmware on the iPad? Do I have to upgrade to 3.2.2 so I can downgrade back? What am i doing wrong?

What is the main reason for those apps crashing anyway? I have heard memory leaks and so on but if I have restarted the iPad freshly it should be fine? I have memory capacity more than 60% (of 64gb) full but that should not be an issue should it?

Any help would be appreciated
Hello Friend!

If you have saved your 3.2.1 SHSHs Blops with Cydia and checked that is saved with TinyUmbrella, is 100% secure to upgrade to 3.2.2 and then downgrade to 3.2.1 with your SHSHs Blops (3.2.1) All you need is to be sure you have the SHSHs Blops of your current Firmware, otherwise you will be locked on the 3.2.2 and you can't downgrade to 3.2.1

If your 3.2.1 SHSHs Blops is saved correctly, go ahead and try it!

Note: I'm sure about downgrading from 3.2.2 to 3.2.1 again, but I'm not sure if this will help your Apps to be OK. I don't know exactly if you can restore from 3.2.1 to 3.2.1 (The Same Firmware) I know the common way, the one that is upgrading to the latest version and then returning to the previous Firmware with Saved SHSHs.

Last edited:
OP
Z

ztariqz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the reply!

Yes, my SHSHs Blop is saved with Cydia and have checked it with TinyUmbrella as well.. i was 100% sure if i take the plunge to update to 3.2.2 and downgrade again.. but I guess you have confirmed to me that is safe to do so!

Though the main reason I want to do this is to get these apps running again, any possible reasons as to why the could be crashing? I mean I had Numbers purchased from the AppStore before performing any jailbreak. Jailbreak and tens of new apps later, Numbers stopped running. Tried to delete it and reinstall, downloaded it again of the Appstore and used other "sources" to download the app all to the same result! Quite frustrated as to why this happens to certain apps only! Any possible reasons?

fenderprowler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.freeipadjailbreak.org
thanks for the reply!

Yes, my SHSHs Blop is saved with Cydia and have checked it with TinyUmbrella as well.. i was 100% sure if i take the plunge to update to 3.2.2 and downgrade again.. but I guess you have confirmed to me that is safe to do so!

Though the main reason I want to do this is to get these apps running again, any possible reasons as to why the could be crashing? I mean I had Numbers purchased from the AppStore before performing any jailbreak. Jailbreak and tens of new apps later, Numbers stopped running. Tried to delete it and reinstall, downloaded it again of the Appstore and used other "sources" to download the app all to the same result! Quite frustrated as to why this happens to certain apps only! Any possible reasons?
As you, I think the solution is by restoring the iPad to 3.2.2 and then to 3.2.1, I would restore my iPad if TinyUmbrella says "you can restore safety to 3.2.1 or 3.2" otherwise if it says "you can restore to 3.2.2" I do not recommend to restore because is probably that you can't downgrade again.

OP
Z

ztariqz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, jus checking again, found out that in fact the SHSHs saved is for 3.2.2 - i guessed i clicked that button a little too late in Cydia.

So basically, since I have no SHSHs blop but running a jailbroken 3.2.1 there is no way I can restore to the same firmware anymore??

Most reactions