What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restore iPad without updating to iTunes 9.2!?!

TitoLabido

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't get location services working on iPad WIFI (randomly quit working yesterday.) tried everything online to fix it and nothing worked. soo....

I want to restore and rejailbreak but it forces me to start downloading iTunes 9.2 after I hit restore.

I have read 9.2 does not work with Spirit.

How do I restore iPad from 9.1.1 without updating to iTunes 9.2 so I can easily rejailbreak with spirit?

Cheers!
Tito

OP
T

TitoLabido

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That didn't work. error message says, "iTunes could not contact the iPad software update server because you are not connect to the internet."

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am jailbroken and I am running iTunes 9.2. What is the problem with the two? I keep hearing about it, but I have never experienced it. I have only ever had 9.2 and I downloaded it specifically to jailbreak my iPad, which I had only had for around 5 minutes.

OP
T

TitoLabido

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm sounds like you didn't have a problem. well maybe I should just take the leap and let iTunes install 9.2 then restore it to from there and re-jailbreak it with Spirit. Can anyone tell me why I shouldn't?

OP
T

TitoLabido

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would it mess with my 3.1.3 jailbroken 3GS iPhone when I try to sync it with the same 9.2 iTunes if I updated it for the iPad?

OP
T

TitoLabido

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What an honor to have a celeb on my thread, I watch your show every week Steve, great job buddy. I will give the restore a shot with 9.2 and post how it went. Hopefully the restore will fix my location service problem.

Cheers!
Tito

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just jailbroke my iPad again with iTunes 9.2. I think the key is to let iTunes recognize it, launch Spirit and make sure it says the iPad is connected, then close iTunes, and THEN press jailbreak.

OP
T

TitoLabido

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok, reporting back. All went swimmingly well! Turns out, it actually didn't download iTunes 9.2 it just downloaded a 462 MB update for iPad. Dunno what that was exactly, but I still have iTunes 9.1.1

Location services are restored and iPad is rejailbroken. All JB apps apps are reinstalled and location still works.

Today is a happy day!

Cheers!
Tito

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok, reporting back. All went swimmingly well! Turns out, it actually didn't download iTunes 9.2 it just downloaded a 462 MB update for iPad. Dunno what that was exactly, but I still have iTunes 9.1.1

Location services are restored and iPad is rejailbroken. All JB apps apps are reinstalled and location still works.

Today is a happy day!

Cheers!
Tito

Pretty sure that is basically the ipad operating system you downloaded.

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may have just slipped in under the wire with the ipad 3.2.1 update out today! Looking forward to learning what it takes to restore and re-jailbreak now.

-Greg

OP
T

TitoLabido

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree! Dunno what a restore with 3.2.1 will take now. Probably a download of 3.2 ispw and installing it manually. I think I saw some people doing that sort of thing with iPhones in the past. Apple is putting the squeeze on us! Viva la revolution!

Most reactions

Latest posts