What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing Tags From Screen Protectors???

Dave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have bought several screen protectors for my Ipad. Each has a silly "sticky" tag on each side of the screen protector. It says to remove them. Well I do and they do not come off cleanly. There is a noticeable residue from them on the screen protector and it looks terrible.

Can anyone recommend either how to remove these tags cleanly or a good screen protector without these tags?

D...

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're probably trying to remove the tag from the cellophane backing to the shield. Look closely and see if there are two sheets left. Sometimes there are three pieces with the shield sandwitched between.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I don't think so.

Can you recommend a screen protector such as the one you mentioned?

D...

Heefy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use a tiny bit of WD40 on a very soft lint free cloth. Rub gently until the residue is gone.

This works for any left over sticky adhesive residue.

Emily

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'm not so sure what u mean by not coming off cleanly, but i would recommend this to u as I bought this before ipad screen protector , i bought the "professional screenguard" I just follow the instruction it provide inside the package and i put it on my ipad cleanly and with no bubbles. u can take a look :)

Wjmartin4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my iphone 4, not my iPad. I tried to take the screen protector off and it left sticky residue on the sides of the screen. I'm not sure if this is because I kept the it on there too long or if it was just a cheap screen protector. It was one I got from Verizon when I originally picked up my iphone.

As for a recommendation I would say to check out the Shell Shock: G-Class from Cellairis. It takes my vote for the best iphone screen protector i've had so far. It's a case that covers the entire body and screen instead of using one of the clear covers that left residue last time.

Most reactions