What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing FaceTime green strip from home screen

Yossido

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not need FaceTime. I opened it accidentally while editing a contact. I tried to close it, but ended up with a green strip saying "Touch to resume FaceTime". It is ALWAYS there with all the Apps. It is a nuisance especially when scrolling browser tabs, Safari or Chrome, and all too often ending accidentally an open FaceTime. Furthermore, that contact name is forever at the top of the lock screen, instead of the hour or the info on the music stream. I cannot believe that Apple will create something so invasive and annoying! CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THERE IS A WAY TO REMOVE THIS STRIP, OR SHUTDOWN, OR DELETE FaceTime? I hope Apple will do something about that!

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Double click the Home button. You'll see all the open apps which you can scroll through. Find FaceTime and swipe up to close the app.

It does sound like you did something in FaceTime that left open a connection (or attempted connection), and that is what the green bar is there to remind you. There is probably a way to terminate that from within FaceTime, but I'd be clutching at straws at this point.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I do not need FaceTime. .....CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THERE IS A WAY TO REMOVE THIS STRIP, OR SHUTDOWN, OR DELETE FaceTime? I hope Apple will do something about that!

Well, there really is no need to 'scream' at us (i.e. all CAPS) - ;) But hope the suggestion given so far will close the app - you can also check the app in your Settings. Finally, I rarely use FaceTime and have hidden the app in a folder - if you want you can move the app (or folder) to a far page and rarely see the icon - however, FaceTime is a 'native' app in iOS and cannot be deleted. Dave :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's also possible to restrict Facetime. You won't see the app icon on your iPad any more.
This has to be done in Settings - General - Restrictions:
image.jpeg

To disable/restrict and hide Facetime, slide it to the other side.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you do restrict FaceTime, be certain you don't lose the restriction code you set. If you forget it, the only way back into the Restrictions settings is a clean restore of your iPad.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've noticed this glitch with Facetime as well. Once you launch it , it won't turn off unless you reboot. Not sure if it's a common glitch or nobody uses facetime enough to notice.

Most reactions

Latest posts