What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing Apps From iPad Help...

GeeWillikers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This may be a bit long, but here goes.

In my library in iTunes, I've deleted the apps from the listing. They no longer show there.

On my iPad, I click the icon and delete it, and when I have my iPad selected under iTunes I go to the App tab up top and the Apps I've deleted are no longer listed in the listing with the check boxes that runs along the left hand side.

When I sync, I get the Apps back again. They show on the screen of the iPad, they execute when touched, but they don't show in my library or in the Apps listing when I have my iPod selected for viewing in iTunes.

I delete them, delete the icons, delete them from the library, and delete them from the apps listing, but they still come back.

How do I kill them once and for all?

Sorry if this sounds ridiculous, but I couldn't find an easy wat to describe my problem.

It doesn't happen this way all the time - only on a few select things.

Thoughts?

OP
G

GeeWillikers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update - this is crazy.

If I use the press and hold feature on the touch screen until the icon shakes and then delete it that way, then delete it on the desktop i Itunes, then sync, they stay gone...

Odd.

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had some issues getting rid of stuff also. I've seen many comments about how easy it is to put something on the iPad, and how difficult it is to remove it. I finally got it down, but there's gotta be an easier shortcut than the way Ive been doing it.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
You can connect the ipad to itunes.
Set it to sync only checked apps.

you can then simple uncheck the apps you dont want and sync the ipad. The apps will then be removed from the ipad and ramain on your PC. If you then want to remove from both PC and iPad, after its removed from the ipad just delete it from itunes.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can connect the ipad to itunes.
Set it to sync only checked apps.

you can then simple uncheck the apps you dont want and sync the ipad. The apps will then be removed from the ipad and ramain on your PC. If you then want to remove from both PC and iPad, after its removed from the ipad just delete it from itunes.
That's how I do it...no problems.

Most reactions