What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove photos on sync?

jamie.long951

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had some photos on that totalled 3 gb. I have removed them and unticked the sync photos box and it asked me whether to delete. However there is still 1 gb of photos showing? I have nothing in the camera roll, photostream or anywhere in the photos app! Help?!

Cheers

Greygoose_ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same issue. To resolve,the problem , log into iCloud and reset photo stream ( I realize that you have probably already done this, but I would do it again to be sure) . Next is to go into settings and turn off photo stream. At the prompt to delete, choose yes. Next is to reset you pad. Hold the power button down until you get the slider bar. Use the slider bar to turn the pad off. Then power the unit back on.

Now check to see if the photos are still there. If they are, repeat the above process one more time.

This is what worked for me. After the reboot, the photo stream pictures were gone.

Let me know if that does the trick.

Greygoose

OP
jamie.long951

jamie.long951

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply bud... I'll give this a try and get back to you!

I also have this problem on an older ipod touch (not IOS 5 with iCloud etc) - and ive tried clearing the photo cache. Was trying to avoid resetting it as all the songs have been converted to 128kbps which took hours!

Jamie

OP
jamie.long951

jamie.long951

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just re-read your reply. Its not the photostream that's the problem. I don't have a single photo on my iPad anywhere (camera roll, photostream etc) but when i sync my iPad with iTunes the memory bar shows that there is 1 GB of photos on my iPad..? If there is they must be invisible cause they cant be viewed anywhere!

So im trying to stop the memory bar from showing 1 GB of photos. The box to sync photos is deselected and when I did this I clicked to remove photos from the iPad. On top of this I have cleared the photo cache but still no joy.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have not done so, try a reset. I've no other ideas at the moment. Well, maybe after the reset try syncing a couple photos and then un-sync again. Just to see if you can trick it into clearing things.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
jamie.long951

jamie.long951

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried the reset no joy. I just set it to put my 'my pictures' collection from my PC on, synced it. Then removed it and wahey!!

Thanks all!

iDuffer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad it worked. I had to backup my iPad to iCloud(with photo's switched off obviously), completely wipe it and restore it. Took about 45 min, just to recover ~1 gig.

Most reactions

Latest posts