What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deleting Sync'ed Photos Not Working

polarbear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I initially loaded some photos through itunes. I realized this was not the method I wanted to use and have been trying to remove the photos that were synced. I have unchecked the box to sync, confirmed to remove the photos previously synced, and then re-synced the ipad (many times). The photos remain. :(

Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
polarbear said:
I initially loaded some photos through itunes. I realized this was not the method I wanted to use and have been trying to remove the photos that were synced. I have unchecked the box to sync, confirmed to remove the photos previously synced, and then re-synced the ipad (many times). The photos remain. :(

in the photo app click the top right icon, the arrow pointing right, select photos you wish to delete, then hit delete

make sure that it is photos on the iPad that you are deleting, the photo tab should be highlighted

OP
polarbear

polarbear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Wytey - but they were synced from Itunes so the delete button is not active.

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
polarbear said:

Very odd. Have you tried to delete the iPod photo cache folder that is in the same folder as the photos you previously synced? Not sure if this is a hidden folder or not. Make sure to do this while iTunes is closed.

OP
polarbear

polarbear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks GlenL -

Didn't quite work but led me down the right path so I want to share in case anyone else has same issue.

I went into the Ipod Photocache and deleted the thumbnails still there - synced again but they were still there.

So I switched the sync folder from My Photos to Ipod PhotoCache knowing it was now totally empty. That worked and it removed the other photos.

Thanks so much! It was only 6 photos but it was driving me insane!:D

tdnoles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Deleting sysc'ed photos..

Thanks for the information...I was having the same problem and followed your instructions to finally get them off the iPad..Great Information !!!

Most reactions