What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove facebook picture from ipad email

fontanmb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad 2 with my Facebook and email linked to it. Someone recently told me that when I send an email my facebook profile picture is put in the message. Is there a way to remove this?

Junior

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
macaddictionblog.wordpress.com
Remove your Facebook account from the iOS by going into Settings -> Facebook -> Click on your profile name - > Delete.

I think that's what you're asking about doing. Enjoy.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is no provision in Mail (or email in general) to automatically include a profile picture in the email. Other than automatic signatures, that is. Mail on the iPad can't send pictures in signatures. Not with a lot of workarounds that you'd know you did. So:

It's more likely that your friend has their FaceBook account linked to contacts on their device, which would put your FaceBook profile picture in their contacts, and then display it whenever they receive an email from you.

When you see an picture in Mail on your end, it's because the picture is associated with that email in your contacts. If you have Contacts enabled in your FaceBook settings on the iPad, then it will import your friend's FaceBook profile pictures along with their contacts.

Which is the reverse of what I think is happening on your friends end.

terryromance

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I do is go into FB through Safari, press on photos and it will load with your albums although it won't show the empty albums here, but press see all photos just above the albums on the right and this will bring them all up. Press the empty album, you may have to press twice for some reason, and this will load and you will see an option to Edit, press this and you will get a delete album option. Hope this helps!

Most reactions

Latest posts