What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove app ipdates from app store

VaibhavRohan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, been a while since i posted here.

I want to remove the app store updates for certain apps permenantly. I know of update hider in cydia, but the update comes back if therre is a new one. Is there a way to get rid of all the updates for an app permenantly?

Thanks guys

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but as far as I know, no, there is no way to permanently hide the updates. They'll keep updating and you'll have to keep removing the badge, hide them or update (if you're jail broken).

I can only assume because it's like a push notification from Apple - and you can't turn it off. So, all you can do is continue to hide it once it comes through.

Sorry.

Marilyn

spinning_axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Sorry, but as far as I know, no, there is no way to permanently hide the updates. They'll keep updating and you'll have to keep removing the badge, hide them or update (if you're jail broken).

I can only assume because it's like a push notification from Apple - and you can't turn it off. So, all you can do is continue to hide it once it comes through.

Sorry.

Marilyn

What is this tweak called Marilyn?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For iOS 5 - there's "Update Hider for iOS 5."

It only hides the current version of an App Store app and you can unhindered an update any time you wish. I don't use this, but I would assume you'd need to re-install it so that you can hide, again, another update. Or, maybe you just have to rerun it ... don't know for sure...

Anyway, hope this helps.

Marilyn

spinning_axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks marilyn it works great. I've been looking for a tweak that does the same thing just for ios updates in settings. Anyone know of something that hides the iOS update number on the settings icon?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No. That one you are just going to have to ignore. If you are talking about the one in a gray circle...

But, at least there's no bright RED badge, yeah? :)

Marilyn

P.S. I am assuming that you have installed the "No Update" tweak from Cydia that removes the ability for the iPad to go look for the update. Plus, there is a specific tweak in Cydia (noOTA badge) that removes only the red badge from the Settings icon...

Last edited:

Most reactions