What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Please.

mls1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys again. I jailbroken my ipad 2 on 5.0.1 absoloutely fine and has been working a treat, howver i posted here that i had to get rid of cydia so i could take my ipad 2to the apple shop. I did this by going into cydia and removing the cydiainstaller. It removed the icon etc and deleted all the tweeks installed etc. I erased all content after a backup. However the ipad couldnt be fixed so i tried to get cydia back but anytime i went onto absinthe to do it, it said it was jailbroken and wouldnt do it. Fair enough i thought so i decided just to update to 5.1 and when i go to itunes to do it, it extracts the software and when it comes to validate it with apple it comes up an error 3194. So i tried to do it on the ipad and couldnt do it there either. So i am asking for your help to either get cydia back or just update to 5.1.
Thanks.

OP
M

mls1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah thanks, i have blobs etc saved and i seen there may be a work around so it wont be as long.

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can also downgrade to 4.3.3 if you have the blobs. There is a guide about how to do this in one of the stickies.

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you ever been on 4.3.3 with the device you want to jb? Cydia ,ay have saved them for you.

IHrVces

iPF Noob
Reaction score
let us know how it goes i'm interested in doing what you did. Wanting to upgrade the 5.0.1 to 5.1

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
let us know how it goes i'm interested in doing what you did. Wanting to upgrade the 5.0.1 to 5.1

Unless you are encountering a specific problem, then you should simply be able to connect the device to iTunes and press "restore". That will install 5.1 on there "hassle free", even if you are jailbroken :)

A 3194 error like the one reported above should only happen if you have previously re-directed your computers hosts file so that it no longer asks Apple for SHSH Blobs, but asks Cydia instead. If you have never done this, you should be fine. If you have done it, follow the link posted above and it will be resolved in a jiffy!

Hope that clarifies :)

IHrVces

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it wasn't me i was referring to the first post.right now i just deleted cydia on the ipad and trying the software upgrade on my ipad 2.Will let you know how it goes.

Most reactions